1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LG 8600 Bluetooth phone, Help Please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pjsluna, Mar 19, 2007.

1. pjsluna

pjsluna Junior Member

Hello All
    I must admit I am not a big cell phone user. I purchased the LG8600 phone (carrier is Verizon)and was able to synch it up with the car easily. I could not figure out how to transfer phone numbers (Thats ok I just entered the few I have manually and I can probably look at these forums for help to figure it out).

My question is about the need to transfer all calls to the car...possibly a settup issue? I am not sure if it is the phone or the car. BUT....when I make or receive a call I do not hear it from the car's speakers until I push a button on the nav screen "transfer call". I swear the first few times I used the phone (1-3 times) I did not have to do this. I have read and reread the phone and car's manual but I cannot see how to fix this problem...Is there a way to have the call automatically transferred whenever I am using the phone system so I don't always have to push the transfer call button? I have seen an autoconnect button in the blue tooth screen and have pushed it "on" a few times but that did not seem to fix the issue and it may be defaulting to off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :blink:

Also...Would anyone be able to quickly describe how to register and voice command with a phone number that is stored?

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    What's your cell phone carrier?

3. tag

tag Senior Member

4. pjsluna

pjsluna Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Mar 19 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]408551[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry I did not give that info

Verizon

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Thanks. I know that with Verizon, most phones aren't set up to send the phonebook. I ended up getting a non-Verizon phone off of eBay and used that. Looking at the thread tag posted, it looks like you might be able to do it.

6. janice45

janice45 Dudley Girl

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pjsluna @ Mar 19 2007, 04:44 PM) [snapback]408541[/snapback]</div>
    I did own a 8600 LG from verizon and for the first two times it did pair and operate just fine after that no go .I had to transfer all my calls manualy from the screen .Trust me no one in LG or toyota will help and here is a real kicker if you were to take it to toyota to test the bluetooth part of your car because Verizon says it's not their phone toyota will make you pay IT IS THE PHONE it doesn't get along with the bluetooth in our cars .I've gone through the whole mess love the phone just won't work with the car all the time .

7. pjsluna

pjsluna Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jan @ Mar 19 2007, 07:27 PM) [snapback]408721[/snapback]</div>

Just to confirm...you too had success with it automatically connecting for the first 1-2 calls then you had to always transfer calls? That is disappointing...

I had researched here and on line and thought this would be the best phone...oh well..

Anyone else have the Verizion LG8600... the thread for transferring calls was from Pendetim? Can you comment on this????

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well with any BT device, every time the phone is taken out of range of the car or the car is powered off, you must reconnect the BT device (car). for a headset, its only a few seconds. dont know how it works with the car. isnt there a way to auto connect? i have an LG 8100 and it does sometimes but only when a call is coming in and that takes a few seconds so i normally just connect the phone as soon as i turn it on. (work does not allow me to have it because of the camera function so i am constantly turning it on and off)

as far as transfering, the 8600 has phone book AND file transfer enabled. that is why its almost a hundred dollars more. wonder why the RZR and the KRZR are nearly identical in function and features but so different in price? same reason. both the KRZR and the 8600 have MP3 capability as well besides the FTP

9. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A couple other threads you might find useful. We have an LG8300, and I was able to transfer the phonebook, 10 names at a time.

A discussion of verizon bluetooth
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=309554

Sequence for doing transfer of phone book (I was personally baffled for a long time in the car by not selecting a "group" on the MFD-- until I did this, although I was sending the 10 numbers from the phone, they never took in the car)
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=299448

10. pjsluna

pjsluna Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Mar 20 2007, 09:38 AM) [snapback]408968[/snapback]</div>

I do see when I turn on the car and have the phone on it says bluetooth connection succesful. still I have to transfer calls. I am going to check into the 8600 menu's to see if I can find what someone else commented about i.e. the phone's headset settings need to be on auto answer.

in the car's bluetooth menu I found a button for autoconnect and I have pushed it several times but it does not seem to keep the autoconnect setting...or maybe that does not fix the issue I am having....i.e. having to tranfer calls

by the way when I renewed my verizon contract the 8600 was only $29.95 which I thought was a good deal

Thanks all for any prior and continued comments...If i figure out the issue I will post an answer....

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pjsluna @ Mar 19 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]408638[/snapback]</div>
    Yes you did list your provider as verizon already in your 1st post! Re-read your own thread :lol:
    The fellow who asked you obviously didn't read your thread, either :p
    Seriously though, many threads here reflect how Verizon is THE most unfriendly provider when it comes to Pushing your directory into the car data bank. VERY unfriendly ... not impossible, but with only one minor exception, dang near impossible. Reason being? Verizon puts that software crap (eg; "get it now", etc) in their phones. The manufacturers never designed their phones that way, but verizon deliberatly cripples their phones so that you have to do stuff (like buying dumb wallpapers ~ ringtones ~ etc) through their dumb software vendors. Google the successful Verizon Class Action Law Suit and you'll realize how many folks they P.O.'d.

12. tag

tag Senior Member

Well, unless I'm losing my marbles (albeit, a distinct possibility), I believe the original post was edited to include the carrier *after* the initial query.......hence, the query. ;)

Regardless, the primary issue does not appear to be the inability to transfer contacts. Rather, the issue appears to be interoperability between the phone and car as it relates to actually answering and receiving calls; a bit more critical than getting contacts into the car's phonebook. Others have reported the same issue with the 2006 Prius as well as with some Lexus models:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...highlight=prius

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...highlight=lexus

13. pjsluna

pjsluna Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tag @ Mar 20 2007, 09:55 AM) [snapback]409031[/snapback]</div>
    Yes I did update the original post to include verizion....you are not loosing your marbles in that regard anyway.

And YES
    my main annoying issue is that I have to transfer all calls to the car whether incoming or outgoing..the car will make the call or ring but to hear anything through the speakers I have to push transfer call....What was more irritating is that the first 2-3 calls it worked fine without having to do the transfer call thing...I will peruse the other links you gave me...thank you
    P

14. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pjsluna @ Mar 20 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]409149[/snapback]</div>
    This message is a shotgun approach, i.e., has potentially no accuracy, but is intended to generate ideas and wound only slightly. :)

Maybe a firmware fix is needed -- see post linked to below, wherein someone describes a firmware update fixing a bluetooth sync problem with a 2006 prius -- again, this is a guess and could be a red herring, so take it for what it's worth.
    http://www.sizemoresr.com/mt/archives/000537.html

A priuschat thread discussing a phone sync problem fixed by cold booting the phone (removing the battery) and then re-setting up the bluetooth with the car. http://priuschat.com/lofiversion/index.php/t11721.html

According to Verizon, the car should work with your phone:
    http://support.vzw.com/pdf/BT_Car_Kit_VX8600.pdf

You might also try posting your problem on a phone forum like phonescoop.com or howardforums.com

There is a thread on Howardforums with someone experiencing the same issue as yourself
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...highlight=prius
    Good luck.

15. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    funny thing about the LG 8600, i just talked with a lady (while at the verizon store) who could not sync with her Acura. according to Honda, the 8600 was listed as not compatible which seems a bit odd since they usually list compatible devices (the lesser
    LG 8300 without FTP was on the recommended list) with the standard disclaimers about anything not on the list.

the 8600 included FTP while others, do not. weird that a phone that is supposed to enable greater BT functionality is less compatible with a supposedly universal protocol

16. tedb

tedb Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Same phone, same provider, same question re phonebooik. I am looking forward to transferring even 10 entries at a time.

O/w phone appears to work great in my 2005.

Ted

17. tedb

tedb Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tedb @ Mar 24 2007, 02:47 PM) [snapback]411622[/snapback]</div>
    Add on to my prior message. The transfer with my 2005 was a no go. When I tried to transfer, it disconnected the phone. Also, I could not find anything on my screen relating to a group entry which, as I remember, seemed to work for someone else. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated because I too checked out the Verizon list, saw that this phone was listed as being able to transfer the phonebook and am a little disappointed.

Ted

18. qleaper

qleaper New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jan @ Mar 19 2007, 06:27 PM) [snapback]408721[/snapback]</div>
    Same happened to me with my Verizon LG Chocolate. I was able to transfer 20 contacts, 10 at a time (using the suggestions from another thread), but after the first two successful transfers the phone drops BT every time the Prius goes into transferring mode... At least it's something, since the chart on the Verizon website says there's no transferring with the Chocolate.