1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LG VX8600, Verizon, a 2004 Prius, and getting contacts into the phonebook

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rlcarr, Jan 22, 2007.

1. rlcarr

rlcarr New Member

I have a 2004 Prius with the nav system. I also have a LG VX8600 from Verizon. According to Verizon itself (they are now somewhat upfront with what Bluetooth features they disable), the phone does support OPP for vCard.

However, I have been unable to get the phone to send any contacts to the Prius. Some people have mentioned clicking on the Bluetooth menu in the phone, then clicking on the Bluetooth device, then bringing up the menu for that device and selecting "Send Contact" or "Send vCard". I don't see those options. Could it be because I have a 2004 Prius and not a 2006 or 2007?

I found a thread here at priuschat that said you had to have the car originate the pairing instead of the phone and that how to do that was in the navigation system manual. I couldn't find anything like that. Another difference between 2004 and 2006-7?

I can't enter phone numbers manually because the 2004 Prius doesn't support entering in phonebook entries from the screen (*sigh*).

For what it's worth, I have a Windows XP laptop with Bluetooth and a Tungsten E PDA with Bluetooth. I also have access to a Mac laptop with Bluetooth. Is there any way to use any of them to get contact information into the Prius?

Thanks!

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rlcarr @ Jan 22 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]379078[/snapback]</div>
    I have an 05, so my Bluetooth Handsfree system is the same as yours. First you have to set the car system to receive the transfer (sorry, I am away from the car and do not remember the steps). Once the car gives you the message to start the transfer, you send the contacts from the phone. In my phone, Sprint Sanyo Katana, I can do it contact by contact, the command is in the "Options" menu of each contact, or send the entire contact list at once, through the tools menu.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rlcarr @ Jan 22 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]379078[/snapback]</div>
    You'll have to do a search, but you can send your phonebook with a laptop, BT and Outlook Express. I got a non-Verizon BT phone from eBay, put the phonebook in that and used it for sending to the Prius.

4. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had to call LG to find out my phone will NOT transfer the phone book.

If I were ambitious, I could transfer it from the phone to the desktop computer and then to the handheld and then to the car......... :blink: