1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Li mod for Pri

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by DaveinOlyWA, Mar 17, 2009.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    on Yahoo Zenn group there is a guy who did an LI upgrade done by a guy named Richard Hatfield in Woodside, ca.

poster claims that Richard has gone several golf carts, etc but also says he has done a Pri....

has a website. tried it but under construction,

Under Construction

also has email with his first name at the web addy. anyone have any details about this?? i guess he is using Thundersky batts, but the Zenn guy got an 84 volts system complete with new charger and BMS for $5000

pretty good price there

**edit** website is alliancerenewableenergy dot com

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Is he claiming to do anything different than Hymotion? Hymotion has a track record. Some guy who's done one Prius hardly has a tack record.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    nope, he is not claiming anything. i get the impression, he is doing this out of his garage and looking to do something more. the guy who had his Zenn upgraded, met him at an EV show. the Pri he worked on was his own. so dont have any real details as of yet.

so dont know if his Pri is all EV, plug in, range, longevity, nothing. all i know is he upgraded a lead acid to Li for what i would have to consider as a dirt cheap price.

he has only had the mod for a few weeks but claims to be able to go 35-40 mph on a full charge (although he doesnt go below 33% SOC) at 35 mph with hills which is better than what i can do and with 84 volts, it has to have more power for hills as well.