1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Libby found guilty

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MegansPrius, Mar 6, 2007.

1. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    NOw we get to go through the appeal process and probably eventual pardon if it gets that far. I'll bet he never spends a day in jail.

3. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Mar 6 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]401008[/snapback]</div>
    Only too true. But I'll nonetheless savor any 15 minutes of accountability this administration actually has to endure (they're so rare).

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Mar 6 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]401008[/snapback]</div>
    For his sake, let's hope not! Can you imagine what it would be like in prison for a guy named "Scooter"?

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "I will say there was a tremendous amount of sympathy for Mr. Libby on the jury. It was said a number of times, 'What are we doing with this guy here? Where's Rove? Where are these other guys?' " Collins said. "I'm not saying we didn't think Mr. Libby was guilty of the things we found him guilty of. It seemed like he was, as Mr. Wells put it, he was the fall guy."

"Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald, who has led the leak investigation, said no additional charges would be filed. That means nobody will be charged with the leak and Libby, who was not the source for the original column outing Plame, will be the only one to face trial."

Libby found guilty

Time to start a pool.

"Reaction to the conviction on Capitol Hill was swift. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (news, bio, voting record) welcomed the jury's verdict and called on Bush to pledge not to pardon Libby. Before the trial began, the Justice Department said it had no pardon file active for Libby"

That was then. It's now AFTER the trial. What do you want to bet a file is opened prior to the end of the Bush administration?

$20 says Bush pardons him before leaving office. (The promise of a pardon can assure his memory stays really bad.)

6. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Do you think Libby was backstabbed or did he just mistep and Cheney and company could not risk anything to save him?

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ Mar 6 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]401029[/snapback]</div>
    Patrick Fitzgerald said in his rebuttal to the defense's closing arguments, "There is a cloud over the vice president . . . And that cloud remains because this defendant obstructed justice." Had Libby been more forthcoming, Cheney (and possibly Bush) would likely be the subject of a grand jury investigation. My guess is that the White House has already cut a deal with Libby to take the fall, and that Libby will be pardoned.

8. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Can anyone explain in plain terms how Libby's thing was different than Martha's thing was different than Clintons thing?

Weren't they all ok on 'what they done', but guilty of lieing to the feds about it?

Which means the judge can sentence him to nothing as in the case of Clinton, or 6&6 which is what martha got.

9. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 6 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]401033[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe that is why he did not testify in his own behalf...he already knew he had an out.

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Shades of Ollie North

11. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Will Bush fire Libby now?

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Every single witness got on the stand and said they could not remember crucial facts or events pertinent to the case. Libby gets in front of a liberal judge and jury he gets convicted. Only in a liberal America. We’re DOOMED! :angry:

Wildkow

13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Of course Bush will pardon Libby. Have you ever known Bush NOT to do the exact wrong thing?

14. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I am glad he was convicted as no one else will even be tried for this incident. As everyone already knows its not the event that gets you indited but trying to cover up the event that will get you in the end.
    Libby is the designated fall guy as Bushie without his Darth Vader would be helpless.

15. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I feel for Libby and don't mind seeing him pardoned. I do think he's guilty but he's also a fall guy protecting his boss (and his boss's boss in turn). I'm sure the can delay the sentencing to after next election and Bush can pardon him on the way out the door (or our next president will probably due the same).

This still leaves a stain on the administration, something they will have to live with. I agree it's similar to what they where able to find on Clinton (and maybe Martha) and maybe less as they weren't able to prosecute the main guy.

To me it shows that the administration before the war where pushing facts they know where wrong and where nervous about "the public" finding out. To me that is a little scary, as there where legit reason to go to war (albeit not with "imminent threat" level).

Poor Libby, Poor Nation!

With the democrats controlling the houses and an election coming up, prepare for more of this the net few years.

16. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Lieing about a blow job is so much more detrimental to the security of this country than outing a CIA agent during a time of war.

Which is more treasonous?

Well, probably the stocks Martha lied about. That involved MONEY.

17. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Mar 6 2007, 03:45 PM) [snapback]401057[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I'm sure it was a liberal judge.

Judge Reggie B. Walton assumed his position as a United States District Judge for the District of Columbia on October 29, 2001, after being nominated to the position by President George W. Bush and confirmed by the United States Senate. Judge Walton previously served as an Associate Judge of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia from 1981 to 1989 and 1991 to 2001, having been appointed to that position by Presidents Ronald Reagan in 1981 and George H. W. Bush in 1991.

And I'm sure the Air force officer and investment banker on the jury were liberals.

18. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    With every single witness and the accused having such poor memories....do we really want these people in charge?

Perhaps the science community should start research into whether registering as a Republican makes you more susceptible to Alzheimers. Or whether it's just something in the D. C. water.

19. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Mar 6 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]401073[/snapback]</div>
    Don't waste your time with facts, it's like a knee-jerk reaction for kow...anything bad that the the repubicans do or anything bad that happens while they were in control was b/c of the liberals...nothing they do could possibly be wrong! :rolleyes:

20. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 6 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]401078[/snapback]</div>
    As Stephen Colbert says, "facts have a well-known liberal bias". :lol: