1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LIE HOV Clean Pass

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by JohnL11935, Feb 24, 2006.

1. JohnL11935

JohnL11935 Junior Member

Did anyone see the new signs that went up overnight on westbound LIE?

The HOV lane is now open to "clean" single-occupant vehicles. The signs have a picture of a "Clean Pass Permit." I'm trying to find out some information about how to get this permit. I have e-mailed DMV and Suffolk PD with no response thus far.

I would probably PO too many during the morning rush keeping it at 60 mph. The evening should work real well, though.

I'll keep you updated with anything I find.

2. JohnL11935

JohnL11935 Junior Member

I just received this e-mail response:

Hello!

I just spoke with P.O. Lewandowski in our Highway Patrol Bureau. He advised me the "Clean Pass" will go into effect on March 1, 2006. It will be issued by either the NY State Department of Transportation or the NY State Department of Motor Vehicles. The INFORM signs will contain further information shortly. The "Clean Pass" program will allow the owner of a hybrid vehicle that can achieve at least 45 MPG to obtain four decals for the vehicle. One decal must go on each side of the vehicle, one decal must go in front of the vehicle, and one decal must go in the rear of the vehicle. The program will allow hybrid vehicles with the decals to travel in the HOV lane with just one occupant.

Capt. McKenna
    Suffolk County Police Department

Leave it to NY to ask me to cover my beautiful car with FOUR stickers. Where do you suppose they want you to put the two side stickers - on the side of the door?

Yuck.

3. Twiddles

Twiddles New Member

Here's the link with the info: http://www.dot.state.ny.us/traffic/its/cleanpassintro.html

4. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

I would imagine in the rear side windows....

5. RobN

RobN New Member

6. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
  7. Catherine

Catherine Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JohnL11935 @ Feb 24 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]215838[/snapback]</div>
    Hi
    Did you ever find out how to get a clean pass? I have a 2004 Prius and go to Long Island frequently and would like to get one.
    Thanks
    Catherine

8. RobN

RobN New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrbigh @ Mar 7 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]221950[/snapback]</div>
    Call 1(800) 697-0558. You can only get it over the phone.

Robert