1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

life expectancy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mikel 52, Jun 14, 2006.

1. mikel 52

mikel 52 Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Can a Prius hold up for over 200,000 miles like other Toyotas?
    What's the highest mileage Prius you know of?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. jmpenn

jmpenn New Member

It will last until I trade it in for a better version. :D

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikel 52 @ Jun 14 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]271119[/snapback]</div>

I see no reason why not. Toyotas are well-built and well-engineered cars from the get-go. I had a Saturn that lasted me 9 years (it was preowned for 1 year prior to me purchasing it) and 180K miles before I got the Prius to replace it as our family car. I think that if you take good care of a car and make sure it gets regularly scheduled maintenance as well as preventative maintenance it should last for well over 100K miles and then some. I'm hoping to keep the Prius for a minimum of 10 years or however long it will last (or outlast?) me. :D

5. EricGo

EricGo New Member

My crystal ball says: a percent or so of Prius will suffer transmission or inverter breakdown by 200k miles, requiring a multi-thousand dollar repair (unless after market or used components become available). The other 98% will go until rusted out, or they are in accidents too expensive to repair.

6. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    When researching this car I came across a paper which stated that the battery used in the Prius has a design life of 19 years. It gets this because it is not allowed to be deep discharged. Also because it is charged and discharged within a small band of charging states. No wonder they have such a good warrenty on the battery system.

Cheers

7. Prizzle

Prizzle New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Jun 14 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]271326[/snapback]</div>
    Agree, though the various threads about newly found calm driving habits may minimize the number of wrecked Prii to strip batteries from....

BTW like cell phone battery mongers, there will most definitely be battery scams for Prii and their scion.