1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Liftback Protector

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by tntna, Nov 21, 2004.

1. tntna

tntna New Member

Haven't gotten my 05 yet, but have been looking at lots of pictures. There's one in the lib of a Taxi Prius that has a protector below the liftback so that the body is protected when items are being moved into and out of the back. That looks like a great idea and I"m surprised Toyota didn't put it there standard. I realized then that our 2001 is sort of the same way and while it's not terrible, there are some light scratches. Anyone know if Toyota or third part makes some type of protector? Obviously someone does cause that Taxi car has one.

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A Rear Bumper Appliqué is an available accessory.

This Polyurethane film provides protection against the scrapes and scratches that occur with everyday use. Features Prius pearl-coat logo with a UV protection to prevent yellowing and assure long-term durability.

Accessories: 2005 Prius

3. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  4. GKarschnick

GKarschnick New Member

Prior to receiving my '05, the pictures of the rear bumper applique appeared to me as a thin almost clear plastic with a design imbedded in it. I ordered it with my car. When the car arrived, there was a heavy black rubber protector glued on the top of the bumper. I like it much better than the one I thought I was getting.

5. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Prius taxi has the black Matrix bumper protector. There are other threads here discussing using the Matrix protector vs the Prius applique. For use as a taxi, the Matrix version is the way to go I'm sure. My car has the applique and so far, so good. BUT, I am mindful of its less rugged material so I try to lift over and figure the applique will catch the occasional 'oops'.

6. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  7. tntna

tntna New Member

For those of you that have the Toyota applique, is it the clear one or the black rubber ones that have been described and how well has it held up?

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tntna\";p=\"52032)</div>
    It's essentially clear, faint "Prius" logo stuff on it. The black one is actually for the matrix but several folks mention that they like the durability and slip resistance of that style.

9. jchu

jchu New Member

The site now list the black protector under their Prius thread as well. Don't know if it has different dimensions or is just a relabeling of the same protector they sell for the Matrix.

10. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Here's a pic of mine. It's the Matrix version, but fits just fine on my Prius. It just sticks onto the bumper with the included tape. Holds very solid and looks good too! Best to apply/install it when it's warm. Forms better, seemed to stick to the slight upward curves on either end. Drive fun, drive clean, drive Prius.

11. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jchu\";p=\"52057)</div>
    Take another look! The Prius Bumper Protector is pictured as black but the description says CLEAR VINYL.