1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Light Bulb Diagram / Map - Inspection prep!

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by feivel, Jan 23, 2024.

1. feivel

feivel Junior Member

Is there a visual representation of ALL of the bulbs in the Prius V? Like a parts diagram but with every bulb or LED around the Prius. I've tried all manner of searches in PriusChat and Google and can't find one.

The best I've found is Toyota Prius Bulb Size Guide — AUXITO which is an exhaustive list (I hope?), but some lights I can't figure out where to look.
    What's the difference between "Reverse Light (Back-Up Light)(Outer)" and "Reverse Light (Back-Up Light)"?
    Where is the Stepwell Light, Courtesy Light? Feels like "the more you learn the less you know."

I have a 2012 that's due for PA inspection soon. PA inspections are done by repair shops, and they always manage to find a reason to fail it, so the only options are "pay us to do the repair now" or "if the vehicle leaves the shop we'll have to charge you again (~$80) for inspection when it comes back." The most common issue is some random marker light I missed, and they charge $30-50 to replace each one.

Thanks!

2. RAM v

RAM v Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    - Back up bulbs are the ones in the rear tail light assembly that come on when you back up.
    - Stepwell light is the one in the door panels that light up when you open the doors.
    - Courtesy lights are commonly the inside dome lights.

From what you say it looks like the 'inspectors' are just out to rip you off.