1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Light Grey Clazzios: need advice (pics)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by E-GINO, Mar 19, 2011.

1. E-GINO

E-GINO Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everybody.

During one of my travels in US I bought a set of Clazzio seat covers for my Prius. The installation took me a whole Saturday, but all in all I am very happy about the results, except that I discovered some interior differences in my European Prius, related to the rear headrests. The middle one headrest cover fits, but with difficulty. The side ones don't. Now, I have three different options:

1 - leave the side headrests without cover - don't like it, it ruins the stock leather feeling.

2 - ask to an upholstery - almost impossible to find a PVC or leather of the same quality and colour-

3 - since soon I will go again to the US, I could buy from a Toyota dealer the two side headrest - although costly, at the moment seems to me the best option...

but, before doing this, I need to know wether or not the US Prius headrests would fit into the EU Prius, i.e. they share the same interaxial distance between pins and pins diameter. Mine is 5 1/2 inches, or 14 cm, while the diameter of a pin is 0.6 inches or 1.4 cm
    see pic:

[​IMG]

Could someone be so kind to tell me if these values are the same of the Priuses sold in the US?

Here some other pics of the Clazzio covers installated:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Mine measure at 14mm diameter posts, and 13cm center to center. So, they are different. Also, our model pivots so they collapse forward to not obstruct rear vision; from your pics, it does not appear that your do, only up and down.

1 person likes this.
  3. E-GINO

E-GINO Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Well well, it seems that I have a "no go" for the 3rd option... thanks a lot for the quick answer, I'll start investigations for the option two, then.
    Igino

4. samsprius1

samsprius1 HEV Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    These are light gray? They look ivory! I want to get clazzios for my Yaris! Two tone Black/ light gray, Is there somewhere you can see the colors on the seat? did a Google did't come up with much!
    They look like they fit nice.you like?Perforated leather.

5. E-GINO

E-GINO Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    It's light grey. Some of the photos were taken with direct sun light, so they are "warmer" then the others. IMO it's a perfect coupling with the Prius interiors, so I'm happy with it. They fit nice, but believe me it's not so easy to get this result, you need to work hard on it, especially the back seat.
    Regards
    Igino

6. Nir

Nir Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey did you find a solution?
    i am also interested on buying these seat covers for my prius,
    1. if the length between the headrests pins is different how did you manage to assemble the main cover?
    2. Is there a solution for the headrest?
    3. is this the only issue that you saw?
    4. Does the seat cover compatible with the handle located on the left side of the driver's seat? (the one that bring seat up/down)

7. Nir

Nir Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A