1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lights don't come on when I stand beside the locked car with my key in my pocket

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Deleted member 111882, Mar 7, 2021.

1. This is a new thing in the last week or two. My hybrid is supposed to show me ambient lights from inside the vehicle when I stand beside the front door and when the car is locked. But in the last week or two, the lights don't come on, even though the key system works. The inside just stays unlit, even when I do open the passenger door. Is there a setting that the dealership changed on me?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It is a customizable setting (I set mine not to do it). But I can't guess why a dealership would change it if you hadn't requested the change. Maybe it only works if you're not a cat.

3. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Is the switch on the dome light still set to "door"?

jerrymildred and AldoON like this.
  4. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Seriously? Can I LOL at the puddy tat antics without offending the OP or anyone else?
    Not fer nut-tin, but I was confused the first time that was changed on me too .... :notworthy:

5. DUH! Yup the switch got bumped...

Go like it in the “We haven’t had a cat thread” over in Fred’s Pancakes

vvillovv likes this.