1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Like New No. 2 Wire Frame (p/n 82165-47040) for HV Battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JDrake, Feb 21, 2024.

1. JDrake

JDrake Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just successfully installed a brand new OEM high voltage battery in my trusty Gen 2 at 210K miles, and it runs like new with significantly improved MPG (roughly 44 before, now closer to 54).

I chose not to go the module-replacement/reconditioning route, though will probably grid charge the new one for conditioning purposes some years in the future, with an aim to make it last longer than the first (which at nearly 16 years of age and over 200K miles, performed just fine imho).

Thanks to this amazing community for all the posts and info that helped me diagnose, safely install and ultimately save a bucket load of dollars in the process. I was fortunate enough to get a great price for the new HV battery, so it was definitely worth it for a car that just keeps humming along (in part also to all my preventative maintenance -- e.g., regular changes of almost all fluids/filters, etc. -- and the ability to swap out failing parts along the way, the most difficult of which was the ABS unit).

Before I purchased the Autel Maxi AP200 reader, my scanner and Dr. Prius app were only able to retrieve the P3000 code, so I purchased and installed a new No. 2 Wire Frame for the HV battery (along with cleaning all the corroded bus bars/plates) in the hope that the wire frame was the culprit, but alas, it was indeed modules failure in the end.

If anyone in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina is in need of a "like new" No. 2 Wire Frame (part number 82165-47040), hit me up for a local pickup. Very slight amount of Noalox compound on the bus bars/plates, and working perfectly. IMG_9077.jpg

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I'm right around the corner from you no matter where you are if you're in Raleigh North Carolina or the research triangle Park Hit me up 919-892-0363 I'll come pick it up no problem

3. JDrake

JDrake Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This has found a new home, no longer on offer. Thanks Tom.