1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Limited availability of Red?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Michael Frank, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Michael Frank

Michael Frank New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm trying to get a 2016 Prius Trim Level 4 with the AT package in Red with Black interior in New England. There are none in stock? Does anyone know why there is limited availability?

2. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Well, considering that all promotion has been done in red, likely a lot of requests on that color.
    But FYI, I ordered mine In grey last Monday here in Germany and they cannot even tell me when I will get it (in EU you typically don't buy from stock, you order and wait - hopefully not too much! ;) - cars are sold and built to order).
    Plus one week of halted production a few weeks ago due to problems in steel supply from one of Toyota's supplier does not help at all...

3. emschief460

emschief460 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just took delivery of my Prius 4 with the ATP. It is the Hypersonic Red with a Harvest Beige Interior. I specified that configuration when I ordered it on February 22nd. They were able to locate one while it was shipping over. I absolutely love it! I replaced my 2004 Silver Pkg 3. The ride difference is notable. It is better than my wife's 2007 Prius and much better than my son's 2013 Prius. I'll post some pics when the weather improves. It is worth the wait to get what you want, rather than take what they have on hand.

I also cannot say enough good things about the Costco Auto program. Since they update frequently, the wait helped. When I ordered the car the Costco price was $500. under the dealer invoice. When it arrived, the cost had changed to $1,450 under the dealer invoice.

4. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I got my 2016 Prius Four with ATP and PCP and Midnight Black Metallic exterior and Moonstone softex interior shipped from NorCal to SoCal. There was no car of that configuration. They told me would have to wait 3 months, but the dealer called me and said that they shipped one down for me. Maybe you'll be lucky too!;)

krmcg likes this.