1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Limited Time Offer: $42,083 Off on Tesla Roadster in Colorado Until Dec. 31st

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Now *That* Is a Tax Break
    The state of Colorado is trying to encourage the adoption of "alternative fuel vehicles" by offering tax credits based on the difference in cost between the said vehicle and a comparable non-green version. This means you could get about $3k in tax credit on a 2010 Toyota Prius or 2010 Honda Insight, or even $3.8k on a Honda Civic GX that runs on compressed natural gas. But the real eye-popper is the rebate on the all-electric Tesla Roadster: $ 42,083. That's about 38% of the car's $109k sticker price!

Limited Time Offer: $42,083 Off on Tesla Roadster in Colorado Until Dec. 31st : TreeHugger

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would sell my Prius if I could get in on that deal.

3. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The deal ends on Dec 31st, that means if you order one now and you will not get the rebate because there is a waiting list about one years long. So there may be a handful of order that may take delivery by the end of the year for Colorado residence. I think this is a calculate publicity stung due to the number of people will be benefited.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Are Tesla Roadster sales dead? Order online now for Christmas delivery! — Autoblog Green seems to contradict your above statement.

5. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
  6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Woah!
    I know she'll never go for it ... but I gotta ask "she who must be obeyed" any way.

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Hill;... contemplating a move soon?

8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    What ... you mean like out to the dog house? meah, it wasn't that bad ... her answer wasn't "Sure! ... why not?" by any means, but the 'no' was defenitely a 'no'. But see? That part of the strategy. NO one want's to always say 'no'. So what you do is ask for this, ask for that, and eventually (when the PHEV Gen III rolls out) with luck and timing, you get what you REALLY want

;)

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ahh, i c... so iow, you are playing on the hunch that too many "no's" will wear on her conscious and sense of compromise. so a lot of requests, not really wanted, is just a setup for the "yes" you really want...

got it... but actually my question pertained to the fact that the rebate is for Colorado residents...

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    residency? heck, that's small potatoes ... look how easy it was for Cheney to fake ... er, I mean 're-state' his residency

;)

11. Squint

Squint New Member

It's a non-refundable income tax credit so you still have to pay at least $109,000 + 7500 + fees/taxes up front. If you happen to earn at least $182,000/yr then you can get your $42,000 after 5 years.