1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

link needed for hid bulbs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by larry9901, Apr 26, 2011.

1. larry9901

larry9901 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

I have a 06 ptius with factory hid lights.

One light is starting to go out and I want to replace both of them.

As I understand, factory bulbs are 4300k?

I am looking for a link for ebay or amazon for inexpensive but good quality replacement bulbs. Preferably from someone that has used the replacement bulbs and has had good luck with them

Also, I'm undesided between 4300k or 5000k. UGH!!

Thanks in advance for the links

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Stick with OEM bulbs. They are the brightest. I posted a link in the Knowledge Base forum. The eBay store is called hidbulbzrus. They sell legit OEM bulbs. Not fakes.

The Retrofit Source also sells high quality bulbs. Ask for Matt. The guy is awesome to work with. I
    forgot to order my LED strips for me retrofit so I called him this morning and he took care of me and I'll have the LEDs on Saturday!

3. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Also, the OEM Phillips bulbs tend too color shift over time and become more white like a 5000k bulb although not quite so white.

4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Indeed.

However, Phillips do make bulbs with a "+" after the number that will remain the non-colour shifted colour. They also make a "CM" suffix bulb that starts at the colour shifted range (good for replacing just 1 bulb in a non-"+" system, but the new one will still produce more light so it is always best to replace both if you can)

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I picked uphttp://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B00480J4J6?tag=priuschatcom-20 to replace flaky passenger HID. It was made in Germany just like the Philips D4R that I removed from my car.

I haven't had them in for even a month, so I can't comment on the bulbs other than that they work and they seem to be the same color as the remaining stock bulb.

6. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Agreed. If he can't make up mind though the non-+ bulb would be a better choice. I just picked up the Osram 66240 for the same reason (D2S for my projectors). It will color shift fairly quickly to almost 5000k. :)

7. larry9901

larry9901 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks guys!

8. stefano5777

stefano5777 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    These are a bit pricey but v-led.com has awesome hid bulbs kit led lights so one again a little pricey but back there product