1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lions 1, man 0

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Jun 6, 2006.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

KIEV, Ukraine - A man shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lioness in the Kiev zoo after he crept into the animal's enclosure, a zoo official said Monday.

"The man shouted, ‘God will save me, if he exists,’ lowered himself by a rope into the enclosure, took his shoes off and went up to the lions," the official said.

"A lioness went straight for him, knocked him down and severed his carotid artery."

The incident on Sunday evening, when the zoo was packed with visitors, was the first of its kind at the attraction. Lions and tigers are kept in an "animal island" protected by thick concrete blocks.

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 6 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]266709[/snapback]</div>
    Your point?

3. jared2

jared2 New Member

Since dmermanmd is on my ignore list, I have no idea what he posted; let me guess

This lion story is just another example of how whiney liberal atheists try to discredit all believers. Was the guy a canadian?? That would explain it!! :)

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 6 2006, 02:08 PM) [snapback]266754[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

Lots of people on that list....

Don't like what you're hearing, COVER YOUR EARS! ahhahahahaha Yes, I want people with philosophies like this running the country...

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 6 2006, 02:08 PM) [snapback]266754[/snapback]</div>
    He asked you why Canada is not doing anything to rid the world of terrorist lions.

6. jared2

jared2 New Member

"He asked you why Canada is not doing anything to rid the world of terrorist lions."

Waiting for an answer.

Still waiting.

No reply??

That is damning! :D

7. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 6 2006, 11:11 AM) [snapback]266756[/snapback]</div>
    You should be a happy man, Mr. Squid: the gang occupying the White House has had its hands clapped solidly over its eyes and ears since Jan 2000.

8. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Jun 6 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]266764[/snapback]</div>
    I disagree. :D Rather they simply reject various crackpot logic...!

9. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If he did it on 06-06-06...God had the day off. Bad timing. :D

10. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Jun 6 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]266764[/snapback]</div>
    Since I have MS on ignore, the only way that I see his comments is if someone quotes him.
    What he fails to comprehend (or acknowledge) is that he is on ignore not because I am not willing to engage with someone who has a different point of view- I actually enjoy discourse with someone who has different opinions. I haven't yet put any of the other conservatives here on ignore. But his posts contain no ideas of substance whatsoever- nothing but insults, vile words like "diseased tongues" and exhortations such as all liberals should be exterminated. So why should I put up with that crap? Mystery Squid is no different than Ann Coulter- except that I shudder to think what he would look like in a miniskirt.

11. jared2

jared2 New Member

What he forgot was that God probably likes lions more than humans, although, of course, he likes penguins best.

12. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 6 2006, 02:53 PM) [snapback]266789[/snapback]</div>
    And he hates bears the most.

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 6 2006, 02:11 PM) [snapback]266756[/snapback]</div>
    Ever since we made thier ignore list this place has become much more livable :rolleyes:

I did not think about G-d have today off - that was a good one.

Or the guy was a Canadian - but then the lion would probably have wanted a better fight and he would have let the poor guy go - i dont think lions attack from the back :p

And we know it could not have happened in Canada - they dont allow lions in their zoos up there - they think it provides children with improper thoughts of nature - you know that need to fight for survival - kill or starve.. In kumbaya land all animals live in peace and security and they respect each others right to life - except of course if the animal wants to abort its pregnancy - then its ok to murder -- or if the animal is sick and wants to die - then you can kill it by starving it to death :lol: Now they do it humanely up there - they have Plan B for pregnant zoo creatures.

14. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 6 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]266801[/snapback]</div>
    Just out of curiousity- what kind of physician are you (please don't tell me you're an OB/GYN)?

15. jared2

jared2 New Member

"Mystery Squid is no different than Ann Coulter- except that I shudder to think what he would look like in a miniskirt."

Speaking of Ann Coulter, here is what she had to say of the 9/11 widows:

"These self-obsessed women seem genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted like the terrorist attack only happened to them. They believe the entire country was required to marinate in their exquisite personal agony ... These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-parrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husbands' death so much."

She must be one of those "compassionate conservatives."

16. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 6 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]266808[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know if Ann Coulter truly believes the vile venom that spews from her lips (I wonder the same about a few individuals here), or if it's all just marketing. She's nothing more than a commodity. What really pisses me off is when someone like Bill Maher gives her air time. I turned on the Today show this morning while getting ready for work, and there she was (that's how I knew it really was 6/6/06.) Why give this waste of protoplasm a platform- she should just be ignored until she goes back under the rock she emerged from.

17. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 6 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]266816[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I pretty much gave up on Bill Maher when he said a while back that maybe Bush was right about Iraq. Then I understood what the right means about "spineless liberals". If Maher is the best the left can do, God help us.

Why don't they put Chomsky on TV? Or Gore Vidal?

18. Mystery Squid

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! ROTFLMAO!

Now THIS is funny...

You libs. putting us righties on ignore so you can have a somewhat structured non-significantly-opposing viewpoint conversation by yourselves... :lol: :lol: :lol:

HITLER did the same... :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 6 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]266816[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: pot, meet kettle...

19. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 6 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]266824[/snapback]</div>
    Looks like Godwin's Law just got invoked. Guess this thread is over......

20. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 6 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]266819[/snapback]</div>
    Well, to his credit, Maher has had Gore Vidal and Noam Chomsky on his show (I supposed that makes up for his having Rep. Dana Rohabacher and Coulter as frequent guests.)
    I'm not sure I'd call Maher a leftist, although he is liberal on many issues- I think he's more like a libertarian. Anyway, his show can be hysterically funny sometimes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(San_Carlos_Jeff @ Jun 6 2006, 04:05 PM) [snapback]266831[/snapback]</div>
    That isn't the first time that piece of dung compared me to a Nazi. That's why I have him on ignore ("opposing viewpoint conversation"- what's that; MS versus a sane person?) Unfortunately, ignore doesn't work when someone else quotes the person. That would be a good feature to incorporate- if you're ignoring someone, their remarks shouldn't show up in other poster's quotes either.