1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

liquid aux deluxe in center console

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by eliteconcept, Aug 25, 2010.

1. eliteconcept

eliteconcept 700 mile club, top tank mpg 69.5

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Greetings,
    I just picked up my 2010 prius II on monday and so far am happy with it. The one thing that mistifys me is the lack of a USB port on all versions of this car. Clearly an act of "extras" marketing. Anyways I've been reading that people have used the LiquidAux product to give them controls of their Ipods while inside the center console. I'd like to do this but can only find the liquid aux deluxe product that comes with the stupid flexible arm. I was wondering if anyone here has the liquid aux deluxe product in their center console and if so how does it fit.

Thanks in advance!
    Ryan

2. Colonel Ronson

Colonel Ronson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Priuses with navigation systems have the usb port...at least all the new ones made this year.

I have this:http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B003SX0O34?tag=priuschatcom-20 works better than the liquidaux.

3. eliteconcept

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    thanks for your response
    My comment was actually more in the way of I can't believe every prius that rolls off the line doesn't have a usb port on it. I know that some do, but at this point all of them should..it shouldn't be an option or trim feature..it should just be there.

4. Oakmont

Oakmont New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a Prius II with a liquid Aux that powers my iPhones (keeps it charging) and connects it to my Aux (in) line at the same time. I stream Pandora non-stop, on quickmix. Since I don't travel long distances in my car other than commuting to work, this works infinitely better for me vs. satellite radio.

Liquid Aux plugs in via a cigarette light plug and an audio in, thats it. Just put your iphone in the tray in the center console and close the arm rest and you're set. if you want to control the iphone, just hook up the remote to your steering wheel. I personally dont use the ipod, so i dont use the remote.

5. eliteconcept

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    oakmont,
    thanks for the reply. Do you have the deluxe version with the stupid rigid arm or the basic ver. with just the flexbile cables?
    I was just wondering how the deluxe version with the arm fits in the center console.