1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

List of Brand/Models of Aftermarket Car Alarms That Work with a 2015 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Djjkarate, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Djjkarate

Djjkarate Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Are there any brands/models of OEM car alarms that won't work with a 2015 Prius 2 being it's a hybrid ?? I can't grasp how the "remote starting" feature works since the "gas engine" doesn't always turn on when I push the start button !!! LOL....ty

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The "remote start" feature may not, in fact, work with a Prius.

AND.....the Prius models have a small 12 V battery and an after-market alarm system can be hard on it if the vehicle sits more than it is driven.

3. Djjkarate

Djjkarate Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hhmm.. CARTOYS sells a local brand called COMPUSTAR... get's decent ratings.. a little pricey... "they" say it will work with the Prius...anyone have experience with this brand ??? ty

4. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I see no reason as to why the remote start shouldnt work with the prius? The feature doesnt start the engine itself in normal cars either... it just sends the "turn on" signal to the Engine ECU. Then the ECU controls weather the petrol engine starts or not. Viper system works in electric cars, so why in the world wouldnt it work with hybrids? which is electric cars with petrol engines... They also work with newer cars which stops the engine when the car is standing still, i see no reason was to why it wouldnt work with the prius.

And most aftermarket car alarms draw minimum power when not in use, they may even draw less then the OEM version.

here is a Viper system installed on a gen 2