1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

list of tax credit "requirements

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lynnno1, May 27, 2006.

1. lynnno1

lynnno1 New Member

I saw a list of "requirements" to make sure you get the tax credit. I.E. sales receipt, sticker?, etc. there was about 8-10 items a poster said to make sure you get WHEN YOU BUY THE CAR. Alas, I can't remember where I saw it (or anything else for that matter-I got that Lyme's thing) Can anyone help with this. I'm about to make the jump (Prius) after running the numbers over and over it's like a no-brainer (which is what I do best) Thanks in advance and keep those great posts coming. Never get tired of reading 'em.

2. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm not going to make any lists because I honestly believe this is more of a common sense issue. You merely need to prove you bought this vehicle on or after January 1, 2006. What comes to mind is your sales receipt. That is all you need. I plan on making a copy of mine and including it with my tax return. That should take care of it.

3. MikeSF

MikeSF Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ May 28 2006, 08:06 AM) [snapback]262028[/snapback]</div>
    Only if you get audited right? :)

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Unless the IRS changes their rules, there is no need to include a copy of the sales receipt with your tax return. Other tax credits don't require papers unless there's a special IRS form for them.

In fact, you never include any supporting documentation with your return except for your W-2 copies.

You don't include 1099s, receipts for business expenses, mortgage receipts, or any of that stuff. You keep it in case you're audited and need to provide proof of your claims.

5. riscky

riscky New Member