1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

List of Voice Commands

Discussion in 'The File Library' started by Danny, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  2. jeck

jeck New Member

thanks a lot... very helpful I think I might keep a list of the strangest reponses when it doesn't understand me!!

3. exces6

exces6 New Member

Can you use the voice commands in a Prius without the NAV system?

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have converted the Excel spread sheet into Microsoft Word format. Additionally, I saved it as an Adobe PDF file for those without Word.

I've been tinkering with the layout for quite a while. I'm a bit of a perfectionist freak in that regard. I seperated the Navigation Commands from the Points of Interest Commands. All lists are sorted. They are formatted to be printed on two-sided sheets of paper. If this isn't an option for you, it's no big deal.

Attached Files:

wingfeathers and *Goldfinger* like this.
  6. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    List of Voice Commands - EU English

And here is a list of EU English commnads (Needs to be validated by someone else in the EU)

Danny: can you put this on the Knowledge base?

7. Benevento

Benevento New Member

Tony,

Thanks for the word file of the voice commands! That is most helpful, and I really appreciate it!

Norm

PS: I know who Priapus was (and have seen his picture in a house in Pompeii). But actually, I don't know what "Prius" means. Does it mean anything in any language, perhaps Japanese?

As another footnote, "Benevento" is the name of our sailboat (meaning "Fair Wind") and also a town in Italy not too far from Pompeii.

8. Bobbie

Bobbie New Member

Prius means...

Prius is Latin for "to go before" Read that somewhere on one of these sites.

*Goldfinger* likes this.
  9. egret32

egret32 Junior Member

Is this only for the 2005? Can a 2004 with Nav be converted?

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    john1701a has a list on his site. Perhaps we can collaborate the two?

11. egret32

egret32 Junior Member

Okay, so I've been chatting with my car all day, using the nice command printouts you have here. (Thanks all!)

But something weird happened. When I said "FM-1" and then FM-2" ALL my pre-set stations were replaced with meaningless pre-set stations that don't work around here.

Any ideas? Strange bug or does it do this if you give an audio command?

I also find she doesn't understand me very well, but I am working on it.

12. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(egret32\";p=\"50631)</div>
    Good Job, Egret! You have found a quick and easy way to erase all the preset stations. I, for example, have found new and innovative ways to reboot my personal computer. most of them consist of using the computer as normal.

Seriously though, that's really whacked! Now I'm going to have to try that. unfortunately, I'm out of state right now, so I'll try it when I get home. I'd love to hear that someone else can reproduce this.

Just to clarify, after you said "FM-1" and it all erased, did you do "FM-2" because you were looking for consistancy or because you figured it couldn't happen twice? :)
    Or, did you say "FM-1, FM-2" all as one command?

13. egret32

egret32 Junior Member

I was just testing what it would do. I was listening to a DVD and said FM 1. It seemed to go to my pre-set classical station. Then I said FM 2 and it went there, but the first station was buzzing (it is set for a station when I am in a nearby city). So I went back to FM 1 and it buzzed. I was at a light at that point and hit the button on the dash and saw that all my stations were gone (and I go to a lot of trouble to have certain ones in the right place.) Also, since my 11-year old car (which I donated to a hurricane victim) had a lousy radio that had long ago lost the pre-set feature, I was bummed. I will only retry this when I write down my settings.
    Of course, they ARE easy to set.

PS I called my dealer and their parts guy was 1) clueless and 2) said I'd have to pay for the upgrade. Hmmm....

Also, since I am leasing, would I get the letter or the leasing co? (first time leasing, which is generally against my fiscal principles.)

14. majordude

majordude Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(egret32\";p=\"50685)</div>
    The Prius radio will play music DVDs?!

15. egret32

egret32 Junior Member

Meantt CDS....the disks all look the same to me, and Im in the...ah...media biz!!!

16. 1oakprius

1oakprius New Member

Danny and TonyPS,

Thank you for making Nav Commands available. The dealer said there was a comprhensive list but didn't give me a location.

1oakprius2005

17. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, &amp; Drapanos, Crete, G
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1oakprius\";p=\"94066)</div>
    I harvested the EU English list by using the navi Help command. All the commands were listed. I then wrote them all down into the laptop, and cross checked what they did as some commands perform identical functions.

Note that the EU version doesnt have coffee shop etc. A pain when you are thirsty, but "Im Hungry" still works 8)

18. pcjr

pcjr New Member

Hey, besides "I'm hungry" are there any other Easter Egg commands not listed in the Help screen? Also, I lost the Quick Reference voice command card that came with my Prius. Just wondering where I can order another one.

--Peter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(victor\";p=\"94246)</div>
    I harvested the EU English list by using the navi Help command. All the commands were listed. I then wrote them all down into the laptop, and cross checked what they did as some commands perform identical functions.

Note that the EU version doesnt have coffee shop etc. A pain when you are thirsty, but "Im Hungry" still works 8)
    [/b][/quote]

19. tiffanyjoy

tiffanyjoy New Member

i didnt get a quick reference, what kinds of stuff did it have on it?

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pcjr\";p=\"103955)</div>
    I've heard that "Quit touching your sister!" opens up a trap door under the back seat. I'm looking forward to trying that one out as I haul the kids back from Charlotte this weekend.