1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Little dots on NAV?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fphinney, Oct 23, 2006.

1. fphinney

fphinney Member

We've had this Prius since June of this year. This weekend for the first time, I've noticed little 'dots' showing up on the routes I've traveled. Are they "check-ins" with a GSP - or what?

And how do I get rid them?

Help -

2. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fphinney @ Oct 22 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]336638[/snapback]</div>
    They are markers as to where you have travelled. They are very handy if you go off road or travel a road that is not on the map. It enables you to retrace your route back to civilisation.
    You can turn them off by selecting the Map button then pressing Map View on the touch screen (bottom). The Route Trace Selection will appear. Touch the Stop area.
    I used mine not so long ago to go to a country garden. It was at the far end of a new estate area of 2-4 acre lots. As I was leaving I came to an intersection and followed the dots. The car behind hesitated at the intersection and then went the other way, which would have been a dead end road. Being a new estate there were no roads marked on the map only the dots from my drive in following the garden signs.

3. fphinney

fphinney Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orf @ Oct 23 2006, 12:11 AM) [snapback]336645[/snapback]</div>
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Orf -

THANKS! I hope this reaches ALL the way to Austria!

It's a GREAT world.