1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Live streaming video.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TheForce, Aug 9, 2008.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I want to start streaming video when I go to a car show or I am doing something special with the Prius.

I don't have a data plan with a cell phone but if I ever have wifi access I can always stream live video from my Prius front or rear camera. I also have a PDA phone that I'm trying out that can stream video via wifi from its built in camera. Quality might not me great but so far it seems to work well.

I will be trying out my first live broadcast Sunday Aug. 10th at 1:00pm ET. I will broadcast for about 10-15 minutes. This is nothing special. I will be cleaning out my car to get ready for my Hymotion battery install.

Here is the link to watch the live video. If your not getting live video at the top of the hour hit your refresh a few times. Also the GPS feature will not work with my PDA phone because it does not have a GPS. I have not tried out the software on my car PC yet but if I get it working the GPS feature might work.

Livecast | Mobile video anytime, anywhere

If the dealership will let me I will also be broadcasting my Hymotion install every hour on the hour for about 10-15 minutes on Tuesday Aug. 12th starting at 7:00am ET. I will continue to broadcast until the car is ready to leave.

2. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Can you please confirm what time zone you are in? Thanks.

This is a pretty cool idea. I've often wondered how to set up a system like this. In my case, my sister competes in equestrian sports overseas, and it would be so cool to experience watching her in real time.

3. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry. I forgot to mention that. All times will be Eastern time. I updated my first post to reflect that.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Aug. 10th will still be daylight savings time, won't it? Standard time is an hour earlier.

5. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah yes. Just use Eastern time.

6. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope some of you had a chance to test out my live stream yesterday. It looked like it went well.

I just got an OK from the dealership so if I have wifi access in the install area I will start broadcasting live at 7:00am ET and every hour on the hour for about 10-15 minutes until the job is finished.

Well I'm off and wont be back on here until I get at the hotel or find some where that has internet access.

7. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I'm here in Gaithersburg MD. I stopped in at Fitzgerald Toyota and met Gill Briggs and Ed McCurry. We are good to go to start the installation at 7:00am ET. I did not test the wifi yet so a live broadcast may or may not happen. It just all depends on if I can get a signal. I dont know if I will start broad casting right at 7:00 or I might just start at 8:00 because I still have to remove my computer and wheel skirts. Best thing to do is to check in every hour on the hour and see if I'm broadcasting.

This will be my last post to this topic for today and tomorrow unless I can post a confirmation of a live broadcast tomorrow. There will be pictures and videos I just dont know when I will get to post them. I will try to get a few pictures posted tomorrow after the install.

8. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No streaming video from the service area. I dont get an open signal. :( I will be posting pictures and will try to broadcast from the waiting area.