1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Live video from Hybridfest 2008

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TheForce, Apr 18, 2008.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had an idea about something I could do at Hybridfest this year. What I want to do is broadcast live from Hybridfest. Here are two thing I want to try to do.

1. Since I have an in car PC and two cameras mounted on my car plus my regular Sony F828 camera I want to broadcast from one of those cameras while my car is on display. This seems easy except for one detail. Is there free wifi around there? I know the hotel had free wifi if you stayed there but since we are not staying there are there any other providers or open access points? I already have an account with justin.tv and have done some testing which seems to work pretty well.

2. Broadcast the MPG challenge live! I could do this if there is wifi at the place we will be doing the MPG challenge but I also want to broadcast live within my car. This would require a cellphone and a data plan. I don't have either. Well I do have a cellphone but thats all it is is just a cell phone. I planned on getting a Tilt from at&t but that went down the drain when I found out the phone hardware has everything I need but the lack of proper video drivers kills the performance of the device. Plus the $80/mo phone bill is WAY too much for what I would use it for. What I would like to do is find a volunteer that could lend out a phone with a data plan so I could broadcast from my car live. Any volunteers?

Are there any comments on these ideas?