1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LKA Camera and Toll RF ID

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jonny Zero, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I need to afix a toll RF ID tag onto the windshield. This is typically afixed below the rearview mirror so it stays out of the driver's view.

I am wondering how far low I need to go to stay out of the LKA camera's field of vision? I do not want to put it on the bottom of the windshiled because I do not want to be looking at it. Putting it on the lower right hand corner is an option, I just do not know how well it will work.

These things cost $ to replace and are a PITA to peel back off so I want get it right the first time.

Is it possible to to call up a diagnostic screen to get a view of what the LKA camera is seeing?

2. billinmd

billinmd Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have my toll EZ pass on the passenger side of the rear view mirror, still hidden out of the way, and it is nowhere near my LKA camera.

iPad ? HD

3. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    LKA still work well?
    Can you show a picture?

4. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Try using some cellophane tape to attach it temporarily until you determine where it works best.

5. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think I've also heard of people that just leave it in their upper glove compartment. Depending on what feedback it gives when you drive through (does it beep?), and if there's a penalty even if your car is registered on your toll account (I know some areas will just scan your license plate if they don't detect the tag, and bill you automatically that way, with no penalty), you could just try it.

You could also try and get a view from as close to the camera as possible; as long as you position the toll tag over the hood from your point of view, the LKA camera won't be affected. (Since you have to look from below where the camera is located, this will always result in you placing the toll tag lower than is absolutely necessary, but that's not a bad thing as long as it's not so low that it's obstructing your view.)