1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lloyd's custom Prius C mats

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by tk1971, Aug 6, 2012.

1. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Got these off the same vendor (on eBay) I got a set of Hexomats for my Expedition, a set of Lloyd's for my 08 Yaris, and another set of Lloyd's for my mom's Yaris (B-Day gift).

Good news is that Lloyd's has lightning quick system in which they cut the mats after you buy them and drop ship them directly to you from the factory. Got mine made and shipped to me in less than a week. The passenger side and rear mats fit perfectly. An additional plus is that the rear passenger mat is a single long piece, making it better because my wife uses the car to transport our 2 and 4 year olds to and from school.

Not so good news: The driver mat doesn't fit quite right. The front-left side is cut too deep, exposing the left side of the rubber part of the car's carpet liner. A little more material should have been trimmed at the fuel door lever as well. One of the things that didn't make things easier was the new mat securing hardware on newer Toyotas, which locks the mat in place. The hook design (like on my Yaris) at least allowed the mat to shift slightly for fit adjustment.

Cut a little too much on the left:
    [​IMG]

Cut not quite enough for the fuel door lever:
    [​IMG]

Overlaid the OEM mat on top of the Lloyd's driver mat:
    [​IMG]

Overlaid the Lloyd's mat over the OEM one:
    [​IMG]

Underside view of the Lloyd's vs OEM:
    [​IMG]

Close up of the Lloyd's mat cut a little too much on the left side, underside view:
    [​IMG]

Seller is bending over backwards to make me happy about the fit.

In the meanwhile, I left the mats out in the sun for a few days, so the rubber smell doesn't overcome the new car smell. I've also trimmed ever so slightly, the area near the fuel door to see if the wife will live with fact that it doesn't completely cover the area under the brake pedal (exposes a little bit of the rubber material in the car's floor liner). I think the wife's leaning towards using the OEM carpet floor mat for the driver.

2. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I also purchased these mats since the cost was reasonable. I had the lloyd mats for my previous car which fit perfectly, so was annoyed that these did not. However, since I retained the other set of mats, I am able to cut them up and this is my first effort at rectifying the poorly cut left side, while at the same time providing cover for the 'dead pedal, which as we all know is unprotected. Further refinement, no doubt, IMG_3337 (800x600).jpg to follow.

3. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    At least I know I'm not the first to have this happen to. I just thought someone at the factory screwed up and queued up the regular Prius pattern for just the driver's mat on a Monday morning.