1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lo Jack for Generation III Prius

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by alj65aedeker, Jun 26, 2009.

1. alj65aedeker

alj65aedeker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If someone purchases the Prius before Safety Connect is available do you know if they can purchase lo jack for the Generation III Prius to trace the vehicle if stolen something that Safety Connect is advertised to do?
    I checked the chat site and I checked lo-jack's site and found nothing to answer the question?

Thanks
    Alj65aedeker

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Lo Jack is its own system right? So I don't think having it installed matters at all whether the car has Safety Connect or not.

The thing is I think with Safety Connect like OnStar, they can pinpoint the car with gps coordinates as to its location. With Lo Jack, don't the cops have to drive around with a unit which detects a lojack signal and then they can drive towards the signal?

Could be worng here, but I thought was how the systems worked and differed from one another...