1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Local Dealership Steps Up!

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by iLion, Oct 11, 2006.

1. iLion

iLion New Member

My '06 Prius was at 5,975 Mi, and I really wanted the prepaid maintenance: for convenience if nothing else (it's only available before the first 6,000 Mi).

I called Troy :) who quoted as promised :D and suggested a quick fax exchange; however, I don't have a fax machine :( . I decided to go get one of the bloody things instead of paying a fax service again :angry: , but while I was out tooling around, I passed the Santa Monica dealership and had a hunch... I met the finance manager and said I was shopping for a 4 Yr/55K Mi Premium maintenance contract and asked what she would offer, and she flat out offered $875 (by now I'm at 5,985 Mi) :eek: .

I took a moment to be sure it was the same one (Toyota's own 4 Yr/55,000 Mi Premium), and checked my mileage again, then jumped for it. It took no pushing, no telling what I could get somewhere else (let alone revealing the great deal Troy is offering).

Neither Staples nor Costco had a Fax machine that interested me, so I still don't have one, and by the time I got home I had gone over 6,000 Mi, so I wouldn't have been eligible for Troy's great deal... BUT: I believe the finance manager read my confidence in already knowing a good price, so she offered me one herself.

For this, Troy, I owe you my thanks!

Moral of the shaggy dog story: do your homework, then try telling exactly what you're doing and asking for what you want; you might be surprised B) !

Lion

2. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lion @ Oct 11 2006, 11:21 PM) [snapback]331542[/snapback]</div>
    What does that include?