1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Local Dearler Round

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by olends, Jun 18, 2004.

1. olends

olends New Member

with my first day off in a while i took the time to visit 2 local dealers to inquire about the status of their rental, their order list, their allocations, and of course to see if i could get them to sign up for prius chat.

First stop: Northway Toyota Latham NY.
    i first went to the TRAC department to see if they had any rental Prius available. i found out that all three of their TRAC cars were off their rental period and were sold one day after their TRAC time was up.

i then asked if they were going to add any new Prius to the rental fleet, and he told me the Prius is not even on the TRAC order sheet.
    He did say though that as soon as the Hy-lander shows up on his rental sheet, hes getting 5 for his fleet.

Then i met with the internet sales manager, his name was Vince. I asked him all the tough questions:
    How many on your wait list:24
    What is your allocation: 2-3 cars a month
    Do you over price: all cars are sold at MSRP no more no less
    How is your list managed: The list is called in order for every prius received, option choices and colors are not stored in the list.

Stop Two Clifton Park Toyota

Clifton Park also has no Prius in its rental fleet,and they can't get more either, but when i mentioned Priuschat to the salesmen, he brought me right back to the internet sales managers office, Dave Feiden. he is very knowledgable and excited about prius. he answered my questions also.
    How many on your wait list:18
    What is your allocation: 2-3 cars a month
    Do you over price: all cars are sold at MSRP
    How is your list managed: The list is called in order for every prius received, option choices and colors are not stored in the list.

he also showed me that they sell Prius glass cup. for around $11.00. he also mentioned that he was going to join Priuschat as a member. i loaded his pictures into the album. if you live around albany, i recommend the Clifton Park toyota.
    Cup Album