1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Location of body weep hole exits?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tnthub, Jun 19, 2011.

1. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So my 2007 sloshes around like a frat boy after a keg party. I ran my fingers along the underside of the body and cannot seem to locate the body drain exit locations. Anyone have an idea where they might be hiding?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The trapped water is likely in the cowl below the windshield wiper arms. You will need to remove the wiper arms and the two-piece black plastic cowl to reach the two drains which are at either corner of the cowl. Frequently, small tree leaves and other debris will clog the drain holes.

Alternatively, water may be trapped in a door but if this is the case then you should hear the water sloshing around when you move the door open and closed.

ChrisFaehrtPrius likes this.
  3. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the response. :)

I already did the above and the drains were clear. The water sound is coming from what sounds like behind the dash. Standard cars have weep openings where the body molding goes by the frame. The Prius appears to have a plastic molding which I "assume" prevents whatever is contained in the plastic from getting wet.

I could gently pry back the edge of the plastic to feel along the metal ridge where weep holes are normally found but came up empty in my search.

The doors are dry.

My only thought is the drains are working in terms of water going into them but plugged where they exit. :confused:

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That doesn't sound likely, because the tubes by themselves don't hold enough water that you'd hear it sloshing around. Have you checked under the spare tire? I know, you said the sound seemed to be coming from the front, but under the spare is another place water has been known to collect.

5. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If it seems to be behind the dash, possibly the air conditioner evaporator is filled with water because its drain is plugged. Have a shop suck the drain tube clear (the usual procedure is to blow air into the drain tube, but that will push any crap in the tube back up into the evaporator).

ChrisFaehrtPrius likes this.
  6. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks guys. I'll try and have my wife convince the mechanics at work to check it out tomorrow (she is a saleslady at the local Toyota dealership).

7. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah suck it out with a wet vac. Seen that done alot on home units works good but I'm with the water in the trunk myself.