1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Location of Front Wiper Fluid Pump

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sharpshin, Nov 13, 2008.

1. sharpshin

sharpshin New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've read a few of the threads in which people have shared their troubles with front wiper fluid failing to distribute from the jets. I'm pretty confident that my front pump has gone bad on my 2007, but I don't know where the pump is or how to get to it to 1) see if it's clogged or 2) change it out.

Could someone kindly help me locate the front pump so I can start troublshooting there?

Thanks,
    John

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't the car still under warranty? If so, take it back to the dealer. Why do you think it's the pump?

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi John,

The windshield washer pump motor is located below the washer fluid reservoir. Have someone activate the washer function while you listen to see if the motor is working or not.

Normally this issue would be covered under the 3 yr/36K mile warranty.

4. sharpshin

sharpshin New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks, guys. I understand on the warranty. It's hard for me to get to the dealer since I live so far away so sometimes it's better for me to just order a part and fix things on my own.