1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by clifford, Mar 25, 2006.

1. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Please help with these classifications. I live in the midwest and don't understand the choices if I go to order accessories. Seems none apply here!

2. brasche

brasche Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cliff, the regional distributors have some control (to what amount I don't know) about what factory options will be available in their region. I suspect the idea was to offer a car that is taylored to the climate and regional needs (tinted windows in the SE, etc). However, some regional distributers are using their control to extract extra $$$ from the customer. In my region (Southeast) factory leather #8 cars are purposely not available so that aftermarket leather kits can be installed by the distributor or dealer (Port Installed Option) for extra profit. The SouthEast region includes FL,GA,SC,AL and one other. The Chicago region includes IL, IN, WI and maybe Michigan.

I went out of region to get a true #8, and to avoid other fake fees the SouthEast dealers add (Toyoguard package, admin fee, etc.)

Hope this helps.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    SET consists of FL, GA, SC, NC, AL

by accessories do you mean post-purchase things like mudflaps, car bra, etc? pretty much everything i've wanted is available down here.

as far as option packages... well that varies by where you go.

good luck :)

4. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I mean extra things like bumper guards, bras, mats. Seems there can be some choices for oem when you go to order. And yes the prices seem to vary.