1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lock Doors in Drive

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by hskanner, Jul 20, 2005.

1. hskanner

hskanner New Member

Anyone know how to lock the doors automaically when the car is put in gear?

Thanks.

2. dreichla

dreichla New Member

3. PriusPage

PriusPage New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dreichla\";p=\"108751)</div>
    But be aware, it takes a while to get. I place my order for one 4 months ago and am still waiting :(

4. hskanner

hskanner New Member

Thanks - I would have thought it would have been as simple as pushing a few buttons or something like that since the car pretty much is a computer.

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:105a428837]Yes, you would think a car as smart as the Prius would have door locking built in. My Camry did, so I know Toyota knows how...

One problem with the Coastal unit is that it only functions once per start and on a time basis. I want one that worked like on my Camry: any forward motion over about 10 MPH locked the doors. Switching the car off unlocked the doors.[/font:105a428837]

6. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Yes, unlocking would be nice. I can't count the number of times I shut the car off, get out, try to open the door for the kids (we have the child safety locks engaged) - only to have to go back to the front door and use the master lock button to unlock them.

My Dodge Grand Caravan has the same feature and operationality. It really drives me nuts. I think I mutter the same four letter word each time.

7. Brent

Brent New Member

I just push the "lock / unlock" button. Works every time. :p