1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lock/ Unlock beep

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jennjay, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Today my lock/unlock chime or beep ( however you describe it) became very low on my 06. this is true if I use smart entry or the remote. It is beeping, but is barely audible ( first I thought it was off completely) I can't find anything in the manual. anyone have any thoughts on how to remedy the situation. I'd like it to chime louder again so I can here doors locking and alarm activated. thanks, Jay

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Interesting. Are you sure you weren't just unlocking your car in a noisy environment, like adjacent to a construction zone or a freeway?

3. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, the only reason I heard the beep was when the car was in the garage with the door down. My wife's Prius is beeping just fine, so I know it's not my hearing. It was extremely wet and rainy here today, wonder if that has anything to do with it.

4. matteo

matteo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jennjay @ Jun 13 2006, 10:48 AM) [snapback]270607[/snapback]</div>
    I noticed the same thing on my 06.

When I use the door lock button on the doors I can hardly hear it. When I use the remote it's a lot louder.

5. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    But it's lower all the time now, door locks and remote.

6. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Beeping locks irritate the *%^& out of me. Wish I could get mine to turn down. Light flash is enough.

7. prdunson

prdunson New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jennjay @ Jun 13 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]270611[/snapback]</div>
    would someone let me know how to make mine beep when locking with remote thanks :eek:

8. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm just worried something got loose or something. The normal sound was there yesterday.

9. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(edselpdx @ Jun 13 2006, 08:36 PM) [snapback]270824[/snapback]</div>
    I agree. I had a BMW which was programmable to eliminate the doorlock beep and would love to be able to get rid of the beep on my Prius, as well.

The Prius has more than enough warning 'beeps'.

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The dealer should be able to remove the beep and have the lights only edsel.

Jennjay, hmm.. not sure. I do noticed my remote has a short range. I can't even lock it from across the street!

11. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just an update everyone, It took two weeks ( also 5 days on non driving in airport parking lot last week} but yesterday the beep started to get louder again. It's now back to normal. Wierd

12. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jun 13 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]270866[/snapback]</div>
    sure sign that the battery is on it's way out. Done both of ours already and it'll unlock across the parking lot at Brentwood. A bit trickier on the G2 straight forward on the G1, one small screw to take out to get the battery out.

13. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I don't believe it has anything to do with the batteries in my 6 week old fobs/remotes. Both fobs did the same thing and the chirp is from the car whether I use the remote or just touch the door handle.