1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Locked NAV?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kmkremer, Dec 9, 2009.

1. kmkremer

kmkremer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just got my new Blizzard Pearl package V with NAV last week. I'm coming from a BMW 335i. I really like my new Prius but I'm having a hard time adjusting to some of eccentricities of the NAV system. Specifically, it doesn't let me manually select a contact from my phone book unless the car is stopped. While the voice commands work just fine, they take longer and sometimes I'm in a hurry to make a call. I've also noticed I can't select/input a destination unless I'm stopped. Is there a way to "unlock" these capabilities?

2. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Unfortunately you can't unlock anything as far as I know. I also drive a 2010-V.

What I can tell you, is add as many contacts in your contact list and you can use the voice commands to dial. You can skip the long "preaching" by saying the necessary command with a second hit on the TALK Button.

There is a list in your NAV Manual and you can make the call within seconds if you don't wait for all the voice prompts.

Just use PHONE, Hit talk a second time and then say dial by name and then DIAL when it lists it. Were only talking 10 seconds maybe to get that done...small time really.

As for the NAV use presets where you can as well, as far as desitinations. If you know it in advance enter it.....sometimes I found I can enter at a traffice light...

;)

3. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  4. thebeed

thebeed New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You CAN access speed dial presets while driving, so add as many of your contacts there.