1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Locked out at Car Wash

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PrairiePri, Oct 13, 2007.

1. PrairiePri

PrairiePri New Member

Hi Forum, I wondered if this has happened to anyone else, if I did something wrong, etc. My FOB was in my purse on the passenger front seat. I arrived at a car wash. All doors were locked, but as I opened the driver door it unlocked. So I go about my business washing the car, but have a jolt when I try to re-enter the car. The driver door is now locked!

As I panicked about what to do, I moved around the car trying each door. When I got to the passenger front door, and tried to open it, the car chirped and unlocked the door for me. :blink:

Has anyone heard of this type of problem before? I thought maybe I hit the door lock button on the way out, or maybe the water pressure of the car wash pushed the outside button? My theories...

Thanks!
    PrairiePri

2. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrairiePri @ Oct 13 2007, 08:58 AM) [snapback]525080[/snapback]</div>

Your theory about the water pressure on the button might be correct. The other part about the unlocking is probably that the FOB was closer to the passenger door sensor than the one on the driver's side. I have been standing by the drivers side of the car and had my wife put her hand on the passenger side door handle, as to unlock it. Didn't work. However, if I an standing next to her when she does it with the FOB still in my pocket it unlocks.

That might have been your situation.