1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lockpick 3+ Aux In & Sirius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mbaran, Oct 5, 2011.

1. mbaran

mbaran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just picked up my new to me 2008 Prius.

I purchased another members Sirius setup as well as his Lockpick 3+.

I installed a single din DVD player in the empty cubby, and connected that to the lockpick RCA in, then daisy chained that into the stereo.

If the DVD player is off, or the RCA's are disconnected, Sirius works fine. If the RCA's are connected and the DVD player is on/off, the Sirius is SO QUIET it can barely be heard at "Max".

If I put in a DVD and play it, the Sirius is heard at normal levels.

I've tried daisy chaining them in opposite order, but this doesn't resolve the issue.

My interim solution was to burn an audio cd with silent tracks and keep that playing in the DVD player. For whatever reason this works.

Any audio experts know what I could do to allow both to coexist.

The DVD Player I installed is a Power Acoustik PADVD-360

Thanks!

2. supra90

supra90 New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Sound like a problem in the lockpick audio input, i also don't understant why use the dvd when listening to the sirius / did you plug the sat radio to the dvd ? solutions can be to add a aux input interface or use a audio sensing dual input device that will be the last item on this list

TOYOTA auxiliary audio input interface adapter

3. mbaran

mbaran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The aux input from Lockpick 3+ uses the same interface connection on the radio as Sirius tuner does.

Each device has an in and an out cable to allow multiple auxiliary interfaces into one radio.