1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lockpick causing problems with MFD?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Phaedrus441, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Phaedrus441

Phaedrus441 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi guys,
    I've had a 2004 Prius since last summer, and for nearly all that time I've had a lockpick installed adding the aux input (which I use with my iPhone). Occasionally, when turning on the car, the system wouldn't detect the "DVD Player" option that's used as the aux input. Turning the car off and on would normally resolve the problem.

Yesterday, however, turning the car on resulted in a black screen that eventually simply read "check the system." Since then, sometimes the MFD works, sometimes it works a little (i.e. sluggish or no data, but no "check the system" message, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Is this being caused by the lockpick? Do any of you have experience with this kind of problem? I suppose I can take it apart tomorrow and see if the connection has come lose or something, but I'm worried that the MFD has gone bad, since that seems to happen all too often for 2004-2005 cars.

Any input is greatly, greatly appreciated!!!

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Since the lockpic is modular, all you have to to is remove it, and put the original plugs back together. You may just find that it's your MFD that died. The MFD's have been known to do that ... ESPECIALLY the Gen II 2004's.