1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lockpick for 2006 Prii

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Scott_R, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It's available for 2006-2007 models--did I miss the discussion?

Put my order in, but it's backordered.

2. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Lockpick for the 2007/07 Prius became available on 12/13/06. I received mine on 12/15 and it works great.

Well worth waiting for.

3. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vincent @ Jan 14 2007, 08:03 PM) [snapback]375628[/snapback]</div>

Glad it worked for you--wish I'd seen the release earlier.

No word on the site on how long it'll be before it's back in stock. I ordered the basic model; I don't see a need for the A/V entry, and I don't use a phone in my car.

4. Vincent

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Check with CoastalTech. With the basic kit, you can use the Navi while moving, but I believe automatic "I Agree" removal is part of the A/V kit.

5. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vincent @ Jan 15 2007, 06:49 AM) [snapback]375775[/snapback]</div>

I checked it over pretty carefully. :)

The description for the basic says:

(REMOVE "I AGREE" MESSAGE, UNLOCK ADDRESS ENTRY)

6. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sweet! Just got the shipping notification!

7. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottR @ Jan 15 2007, 08:42 AM) [snapback]375786[/snapback]</div>
    It says that, it doesn't do that. You will get address unlock with basic, but you won't get "I Agree" until you add the part that plugs into the MFD. I think there was a poster in another thread that got confirmation from Coastal that both the basic unit and the MFD unit are needed.

In any case, I installed the basic unit first and drove around for a few days before adding the other parts. "I agree" was not pushed automatically even though it was listed as a feature on the instruction sheet.

- Tom

8. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ Jan 16 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]376403[/snapback]</div>
    I emailed them and got a response:
    "our webpage is correct- the lockpick3 basic does the i agree and the address input."

9. jmann

jmann Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    $300 for bluetooth! that is insane.

10. Vincent

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ Jan 16 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]376403[/snapback]</div>
    I had the same experience.

No "I Agree" until I hooked up the MFD unit.

11. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottR @ Jan 16 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]376564[/snapback]</div>
    That's amazing!

1. That you got an email response! I think that's the first I ever heard of anyone getting one from Coastal.

2. That they say the $99 kit will do the "I Agree" when all the early adopters report otherwise.

Please let us know if it actually works.

- Tom

12. gregmelton

gregmelton New Member

I received the basic lockpick on Monday and can confirm that it does press the "I Agree" button and it does allow me to input destinations while driving. The I Agree screen appears for about 3 seconds and then the button is pressed by the system and goes away. The installation literally took 30 seconds.

13. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gdm @ Jan 17 2007, 08:09 AM) [snapback]377118[/snapback]</div>

Thanks for the post! Despite what their website said and the assurance I got by email, I was getting a little concerned.

I got the UPS ship notice yesterday, but it still says "billing information received." Might just be UPS: I've had packages where it actually shipped two days before but UPS's system didn't reflect it (this seems to effect ground packages only).

14. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ Jan 17 2007, 06:43 AM) [snapback]376695[/snapback]</div>
    I've emailed them a few times in the past and always received responses. Perhaps item #1 is a bit of an exaggeration.

15. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ Jan 17 2007, 06:43 AM) [snapback]376695[/snapback]</div>

Were you referring to this post, or another one?

"The "I agree" override will not work in auto with only the Basic unit installed. Someone else noted this in the thread stating they called CoastalETech to confirm before they closed for the holidays. I bought the 3 part $299 Ultimate LockPick 3 kit and started with the installation of the Basic NAV unit first (under seat) since it was the simplest. Yes it allowed inputting destination changes while in motion which was a key factor in my purchase decision. I am not sure if they mate the kits when someone purchases the $299 Ultimate Kit but I suspect so as there is an option to just buy the Basic NAV kit for $99. I am sure it is an integration issue associated with the way the other features interface when the Ultimate Kit is installed. I bet if you bought only the $99 Basic Kit it would provide both Destination and "I agree" override as promised by Coastal Tech’s online web ad." (emphasis added)

16. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottR @ Jan 17 2007, 09:40 AM) [snapback]376742[/snapback]</div>
    One of several. There are several mentions in that thread string and others in another discussion. As well as similar reports in the Yahoo! Prius tech group.

You focus on the "I bet" line at the end, I am looking at "The "I agree" override will not work in auto with only the Basic unit installed. Someone else noted this in the thread stating they called CoastalETech to confirm before they closed for the holidays. "

In any case you will be able to answer this very soon when you get your basic unit and take the 5 minutes to install it. If it does work for "I Agree", then the basic unit contained in the higher cost units is not the same as the $99 version. That seems strange.

Until your previous post above, I have only seen people complaining that Coastal never answered their emails. They definitely seem to be improving in their customer relations (though I've never had problems in 3 or 4 different orders).

- Tom

17. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gdm @ Jan 17 2007, 08:09 AM) [snapback]377118[/snapback]</div>
    That settles it - I was wrong. The full price version must have a different basic module. The instructions are the same and they say it does the "I Agree", but several of us have confirmed that it doesn't work without the MFD part installed.

Thanks for the info!

- Tom

18. gregmelton

gregmelton New Member

Scott-

Shipping was pretty slow for me too. The package ships from Florida, and it took over a week to arrive. I also had the "Billing Information Received" message for awhile.

19. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It arrived!

Installation couldn't have been simpler: unplug a connector from the Nav DVD player, plug that connector into the kit, then plug the kit's second connector into the DVD player.

That's it!

Turn on the car, wait about 20 seconds for the system to reload, and it all worked.

There's a note in the instructions that actually addresses the confusion here:
    "If you have purchased the Ultimate Lockpick 3+, the "I AGREE" message will not be removed until you complete the installation of all other components."

20. txav8r

txav8r Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have had several emails and phone conversations with Coastal Electronics Technologies regarding the lockpicks for 06/07 Prius only. Yes, you can order the $99 basic lockpick and it will unblock the Nav and remove the "I agree". BUT...if you order the Ultimate Lockpick 3, the "I agree" will not be removed by the simple DVD mod alone, you have to hook up the mod behind the MFD before the "I agree" is removed. HOWEVER...if you want to unblock the NAV, remove the 'I agree", AND unblock the bluetooth phone on 06/07 prius only, you MUST order the $299 Ultimate Lockpick 3 version whether you want the audio/video features or not. You can't just order the Blue lockpick for $149. I spoke with Kelly at Coastal and told her that some of us were misunderstanding the website and she is going to see if it needs updating.

Also, my mods were shipped out UPS ground the day after I ordered and from Florida to Texas it took eight days including the weekend. It was out of Coastal's hands within 12 hours of my order. I say that is FAST shipping! They make Excellent mods and have prompt service, but just like any supplier, have occasional backorders and holiday complications due to supply and demand. They apparently have a family run business so they may not provide the instantaneous email or phone support some are used to but they have high quality products and stand behind them.

07' Seaside Pearl Touring, Bisque Interior, pkg#5, Port Leather, Extra Mile #A, tinted windows, sealant pkg., all weather prius mats, backup alarm disabled, seatbelt alarm disabled, Coastaetech mods- -EV, Auto Doorlocks, Ultimate Lockpick 3