1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lockpick Installer sought

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Palmetto, May 10, 2008.

1. Palmetto

Palmetto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Does anyone know who can install a Lockpick in Michigan?

My Prius is now 10 hours old :) with 61 miles on it and I just don't have the confidence to rip apart the dash, get the job done, and reassemble things to their original appearance and function.

Anywhere in MI, northern Ohio, northern Indiana or Chicago would be fine. Thank you!

2. Palmetto

Palmetto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Okay then....I found one.

To my complete amazement, the first Toyota dealer I called said they would be willing to install Lockpick!

They said it would void the warranty on anything pertaining to the MFD. I still think I'm going forward with it.

I suggest anyone who wants this device but is disinterested in putting in place should simply call their local Toyota dealer.

3. Jon1976

Jon1976 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just got my Prius and lockpick and have the same feeling about tearing apart the dash. I am having an XM radio installed in a few weeks and was going to ask the installers there to install the lockpick. (since they have to tear apart the dash to put that in). I already installed the lockpick part under the seat and the nav systems works just as they said it would.

Jon

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Re your warranty, and the MFD, Your dealer is blowing smoke up your whofaah ... they'd have to prove an MFD failure was directly attributable to the lockpic ... which it aint. Plenty of the MFd'S HAVE failed for cheezy cold solders, and that puts the burden of proof on them. don't worry about that ... just what they charge for the install. You'll love your lockpic.

;)