1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LockPick Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by adamorzol, May 3, 2007.

1. adamorzol

adamorzol New Member

Prius Gurus:

I have the top of the line Lockpick installed on my 2007 Toyota Prius #6 package. I had it professionally installed by an audio installation shop.

I now notice that my volume control knob does not work to increase or lower the volume after about 5 minutes of the car being turned on. It get's "stuck" at the volume it is in and then won't work.

I can power off the car and then the volume knob returns again for 5 minutes or so before it again does not work.

My audio installer said it is the “software†configuration with the Lockpick.

I also have a built-in DVD player mounted in the dash of the vehicle and it wont turn on after 5 minutes. It will only turn on right after starting up the car.

I have also notice my XM Satellite will sometimes not turn on as well.

Everything works fine right after you power on the car but then after a few minutes is when things lock up.

Has anyone encountered similar issues with the lockpick? Do I have a defective product that needs to be exchanged?

Please advise. Thank you.

2. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have a DVD player, XM radio and the ultimate lockpick in my '05 prius. There is not locking up after 5 minutes (of anything). Sounds like they may have things connected wrong or there is perhaps a problem with the lockpick unit you have.

Rick

3. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Grahn @ May 4 2007, 05:48 AM) [snapback]435347[/snapback]</div>
    2005 and 2006 are different units. 2005 still has the "secret buttons" that enable NAV, 2006 has to interrupt the speed wire. I'll try to remember to try it on the way home tonight in my 2006. I normally only use the volume controls on the steering wheel and haven't seen any problems there. However, I don't have XM or a DVD attached although I do have the top end lockpick.

- Tom

4. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ May 4 2007, 07:06 AM) [snapback]435355[/snapback]</div>
    OK, I tried it on the way home. Started out with the lockpick used to turn on the NAV. After the 5 and then after the 10 minute bars on the consumption screen, I tried the volume knob- it worked fine. So did the steering wheel buttons (which is what I normally use).

Then I had to stop at the grocery. On the way home from there, I tried it without the NAV on. Same result: everything (knob and steering buttons) worked fine after the 5 and 10 minute marks.

I'd suggest unplugging your Lockpick from the radio and make sure it is what is causing your problem.

- Tom