1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lockpick

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bradysplace, Mar 29, 2007.

1. bradysplace

bradysplace Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    does anyone have any experience with the "lock pick" device being offered by coatal electronics. They say that it is a simple plug in that will allow you to utilize all functions of the nav. system while moving. They have several versions. The cost appears to be reasonable when you consider that 99 dollars over the life of the car is not very much. If anyone out there has taken advantage of this Lock Pick please pass along a review. Thanks Greg

2. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The Lockpick III basic $99 navigation only kit is a no brainer; it's a 5 minute plug and play under the driver's seat with one hand tied behind your back.

The kit that includes the bluetooth bypass and video/audio connections is another story. Excellent instructions, but be prepared to take half the dash apart to get to the back of the MFD. I was slow and careful and it took me about an hour. Funny, I mis-aligned one of the dash panels near the MFD when I closed up; what took me the hour to get to initially took around 10 minutes to fix the next day. Everything works great!

3. bradysplace

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vincent @ Mar 29 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]414583[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Vincent.

4. Skynight

Skynight New Member

MIDDLESBORO, KY (SE KY, WHERE KY, TN., AND VA. MEE
    Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bradysplace @ Mar 29 2007, 05:44 PM) [snapback]414509[/snapback]</div>
    Greg,
    I have an 07 and just got off the phone today with Kelly at Coastal. I e-mailed them from their site and she called the next day. I told her I was new to the Prius, and loved new toys, but not much on installs. We talked about all the options, I ordered the lockpick 3 plus. Give them an e-mail and have a chat.

Looks like you fly something reallly big. I fly a twin cessna 320 skynight.
    john

5. bradysplace

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SKYNIGHT @ Mar 30 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]414672[/snapback]</div>
    Hi John, thanks for the quick reply. I'll take your advice and contact Coastal directly. I notice you have a 07 option 6. That max's out your prius. What does the lockpick 3 plus do for you besides allowing you to operate the nav. system while in motion? Skynight looks like a fun ride. Greg

6. chinito77

chinito77 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm looking into the lockpick basic for my 06 Prius. The other lockpicks allow for video which would be nice but I don't own a video ipod or portable dvd player. Besides, when does the driver get a chance to watch video other than in heavy traffic or sitting in the car waiting on someone.

7. Skynight

Skynight New Member

MIDDLESBORO, KY (SE KY, WHERE KY, TN., AND VA. MEE
    Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

8. sgpon

sgpon Junior Member

I have tried to contact Coastal via email and via phone with no success. I had a similar experience when trying to order the EV kit. Apparently customer service has not gotten any better.

There are three things that I really want and I am unable to verify if their Lockpicks will do this for me.
    1. I want to be able to fully use the NAV while driving. Including input of an address. I am not sure if the basic does this or do I need the ultimate "+"?
    2. I want to be able to use the phone dial and browse my phone book. They validate the phone, but not the phone book with the Blue Lockpick.
    3. I want to be able to browse my MP3 CDs while driving. There is no mention if any of the Lockpicks address this.
    Can someone that has experience with these products validate any of my wishes and if they are possible?

Thanks!

9. bradysplace

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sgpon @ Mar 30 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]415025[/snapback]</div>
    sgpon, I've called the 800 number twice. Left messages and they have not responded for two days now. Not so sure about their product support. Makes me wonder if I really want their product. I've noticed that some of the folks on prius chat have had the same problem with the company not responding. Others seem to be having some problems with the product itself. This is probably one of those company's/products we need to watch as a group. If you have any luck let me know. Thanks, Greg