1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lockpick3 ipod hookup

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by desertbriez, Jun 4, 2007.

1. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

our order from coastaletech came today and hubby's got everything installed.... he mentioned a wire that has something to do with the video, but it's a female end.

i have the ipod here at work so he can't check to see if just plugging it in via the console plug makes the video work, to, until i get home.....do we need another wire for video? if so.... what do we need?

i can't find anything that addresses it on their site either (well... other than "No need for adapters. Just plug in simple video or audio for a full multimedia experience."

2. kdk84

kdk84 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ Jun 4 2007, 04:09 PM) [snapback]455130[/snapback]</div>
    I don't have a video iPod myself or the lockpick from Coastal however from your description I believe that you need to order a connector from Apple that plugs into your iPod and has the appropriate audio/video connectors to hook up to your car. I think you need to order a part from Apple not CoastalTech.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...p;nplm=M9765G/B

That would be my guess as to what you need.

3. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the only problem with that is the plug thingy that came with the lockpick is just ONE little insert... not the three on that connector (however if i want to play video on my tv i'll need one of those cables!)

i should have just left the ipod home today... but since we just got the video one yesterday (in preparation of getting the lockpick today) i wanted to play with it here at work! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

(by the way.... trying to watch a movie on the ipod isn't so great on the eyes! :eek: )

4. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

ok.... it's not working using the ipod input in the center console nor is it working using the RCA input in the dash??????

anyone? help!!!!!!