1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lockpick3 not yet officially approved for Lockpick3

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by timriley, Jan 19, 2009.

1. timriley

timriley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    [Dang it - title should read "Lockpick3 not yet officially approved for Prius2009" - wish I could reedit the title]

Just in case anyone else was looking into this - Lockpick3 is not yet officially approved for the 2009. I was initially confused by a ?misprint on CoastalETech's website page: 2004 - 2005 Prius that states: "2006-2009 PRIUS AND 2007 GX, RX LEXUS ULTIMATE LOCKPICK 3 IS NOW AVAILABLE AND SHIPPING" - but subsequent pages linked after that don't mention the 2009 Prius. I emailed support and this is what I got from them this morning:

"On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Support <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hello,
    The 09 Prius is not on our approved list of vehicles at this time for the lockpick 3 series of lockpicks. From what I understand there are no major differences between the 08 and the 09 however our techs have not put the 09 on the approved list at this time."