1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lockpick3

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MWP1, Sep 30, 2007.

1. MWP1

MWP1 New Member

Does anyone have experience with the lockpick3 device? It is billed as "Plug & Play". Just where does it plug in and how easy is it to install. Do the "changes it makes" to the Nav system go away when it is off or unplugged?
    Does it work????
    I am thinking of buying one for my new 2007 Prius, but I don't want to mess too much with the electronics!

Thanks

2. popgadget

popgadget Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MWP1 @ Sep 30 2007, 04:09 PM) [snapback]519532[/snapback]</div>
    I just ordered the ultimate 3+ lockpick for my 2006 with nav/JBL. From what I have gathered it is in fact a plug in installation that is completely reversable. However, while the "remove I agree" from the Nav is a 2 minute install requiring no disassembly, the others all reguire disassembly of the dash. I had mine apart already to install the factory XM kit, and it was not particularly daunting.
    I was a little concerned about Coastal's customer service from many of the posts here. I was surprised to receive an email notification from UPS that my order was shipped less than 30 minutes after I placed the online order. I asked for 2nd day air shipping and UPS shows it in transit to me and on time.
    I'll post again after I get it installed.

3. popgadget

popgadget Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    A big thumbs up for Coastal ETech! T
    he lockpick 3+ that I ordered on Tuesday, arrived today. I got it installed in about a half hour. The Nav unlock took less than a minute to install with no tools or disassembly. Just slide the driver's seat back.
    Everything works as advertised.
    Partial disclaimer, I am a competent mechanic with proper tools and workspace. However that is not what I do for a living. If you did not want to install the audio connection to the radio, I am pretty sure that you could install it through the opening for the front center speaker and not dissasemble the dash or remove the display.

4. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am curious what the Lockpick 3 provides for the cost. Yes I have looked at their site. From reading, there appears to be 3 versions of the Lockpick 3, from $99 to $299. I'm not sure which to get.

5. partipilo

partipilo Weirdo

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    All I really want to do is enable folder view of a MP3/WMA CD when the car is moving. Does the basic lockpick do this? That device seems awful expensive for this tiny little function I want to enable.