1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Login / Chatroom oddity

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by techogurl, Nov 18, 2004.

1. techogurl

techogurl New Member

I've noticed that the option to log into the chatroom isn't always available when I login. At first, I was confused as to why there was a chatroom that people were in but there was no link to get inside. Then one day I noticed that I had a link to obtain access to the chatroom. Now, I've noticed that the link doesn't always work...but usually is there.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, it's a weird quirk that I hope will be fixed with the next revision of the software PriusChat runs on. Sorry about the inconvenience in the meantime.

3. techogurl

techogurl New Member

What software are you using for this site? It seems to encompass alot and function quite well. The layout and functionality are far superior than many sites I've seen. Congrats on implementation! :D

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thank you - it is based off of a phpbb software solution called Integramod.

We've actually gone through 3 total site changes in the short year PC has been around, but we're definitely sticking with this one. I think it's one of the easiest formats to navigate around & contains the most information on one page.

5. GeoffM

GeoffM Junior Member

Danny,

Is there a way to get to the unread messages of a thread you've been following when you click on the thread link? On other forums I belong to, when you start reading a thread the software remembers what posts on the thread you've already looked at, and it navigates you to the next unread post, no matter what page it happens to be on the next time you visit.

I noticed the PriusChat link you get in a notification email does this, but how do I get this behavior for all the posts I'm following (but have not asked to be notified)?

Thanks,

Geoff

6. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeoffM\";p=\"51839)</div>
    Geoff -

For each thread that you haven't read the new posts in, there will be this image [​IMG]. Click that in front of each thread you want to read and it will take you to the latest post.

Hope that helps!

8. GeoffM

GeoffM Junior Member

Danny,

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I never realized the little page icon was a link by itself, and I've just been clicking on the subject line.

I'm actually a bit surprised the default behavior for the subject line link isn't new posts, since I would think that's where most logged-in users would want to go - to the posts they hadn't read yet. No problem though, I'm just happy there's a solution.

Thanks again!

Geoff

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm embarrassed to say that it took someone else pointing out this feature for me to begin utilizing it. :)