1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Login issues

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by palmer_md, Sep 1, 2011.

1. palmer_md

palmer_md Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,

I signed up on the PlugIn Prius site back on April 22nd. I have only one additional email sent to me since then (or at least I only saved one). I went to login to make sure my email address was set correctly and to basically use the account to "reactivate" it somehow. The problem is that every time I go to the login page it just gives me an error.

I'm using the login button from this page... Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure://auth2.toyota.com/prius/plug-in/home

sorry, but i'm not allowed to link sites as a newbie...heck that sounds strange as I've been driving a Prius since 2002...on my third.

Is there something wrong with my computer or is the site down?

Thanks,
    Michael

2. StuffOnARock

StuffOnARock Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't login right now either. It looks like the site is having issues...

3. palmer_md

palmer_md Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ok. at least I know it is not me. Thanks. Hopefully I can sort this out tomorrow. I definitely want to make sure I'm on the list correctly as I want to put a deposit down as soon as they become available. I hope i've not been kicked out for not paying attention since May.

4. palmer_md

palmer_md Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    checked one last time before going to bed and found the site is back up and running. Thanks again. I was able to select a dealer on the site, but no other items of interest. Oh well, hopefully I'll get back on the mailing list again.

5. evfinder

evfinder Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just tried to sign onto the site and couldn't. It appears that Toyota has either lost my registration, or taken me off the list. That will teach me to register on the first day.

Perhaps Toyota is trying to tell me that after 21 years as a loyal custome it's time to find a new brand.

The moral of this story is that if you haven't been getting emails then attempt to log on to the Toyota site. I would be interested to see if other people aren't on the list who thought they had registered or if it is just me.

6. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    evfinder:

Don't give up on the Prius PHV. It will be worth it!

I also registered as soon as it was possible. I am able to log in as of a few minutes ago. My problem is that I have received none of the emails after the email confirming registration except for the website questionnaire which was from a different email address than the PHV site.

Doug Coleman of the Prius Team suggested in a recent post that we get a new email address if we were not getting the emails they were sending. I just got off the phone with Comcast, my ISP who assures me that there is nothing wrong with my email. Comcast tells me that if I am getting other emails (I am), the problem is with the sender (Toyota PHV in this case).

We can't test a return email to the PHV address because it is a "send only address". After we have done the best that we can do, we are at the mercy of the good will of the Prius Team. Let us hope that they will follow through with those of us who have been loyal Prius supporters for many years.

7. StuffOnARock

StuffOnARock Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, that sucks. :( I would PM "Prius Team" and see if he could help you out...

8. evfinder

evfinder Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Dianne at Carson Toyota sent me an 800 number to contact Toyota. I called them and they said that there were issues with connecting and to try again in two or three days. I am going to try again tonight see if I can get in.

They also said that there had been no emails sent out which is clearly incorrect but I didn't push it. They also suggested I re-register which is difficult when registration is terminated. The did open up a ticket to show that I had contacted them about the issue.

According to Dianne they had 40,000 people pre-register, I thought the numbers would be higher.

9. palmer_md

palmer_md Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    evfinder, Sorry to hear you are still having issues. I was finally able to log in. I was able to set my preferred dealer again once logged on. I'm hoping that all is well again. I guess I'll find out once I receive an email that I'm assuming will be going out next week after the unveiling.

10. evfinder

evfinder Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I tried loggin in again last night and still get the invalid user id message. Since logins now appear to be Ok I can only assume that I am no longer on the database.

11. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Maybe I can clear up at least one issue.

Just yesterday we did find an issue that we are currently fixing. Some Priority Registrants were already in our Toyota Owners database from potentially long ago. If they were, and they had previously checked "do not contact" (could have been years ago), we were not sending Plug-in updates to them on account of this action. However, we're changing this so that these customers will now receive the Plug-in emails. You don't have to do anything... it will just happen.

If this doesn't sound like your problem, take a deep breath. To make sure you're registered, log into the system. If you can do that, then you're registered. Yes, the system does go down from time to time as we are currently testing the next version of the site when we open up for orders. Once you login, you might try changing your email account to see if that helps receiving our emails.

Speaking of that, WE WILL DEFINITELY SEND OUT A MESSAGE BEFORE LAUNCHING THE ORDER SITE. So, if you're still not getting an email, I'm sure you can check PriusChat every day and get plenty of advance warning when the order site will go live. We won't just spring it on people, so it will be virtually impossible you'll get left out because you didn't receive an email.

One more thing... we've been responding to order site inquiries via PM from time to time. However, we're going to direct these inquiries to our Customer Experience Center from now on. As we get closer to launch, Erica and I simply won't be able to handle the bandwidth. I hope you understand.

Hope that helps,

Doug Coleman
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota Motor Sales, USA

2 people like this.
  12. evfinder

evfinder Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Today I was finally able to log in to the reservation site and set my dealer - Woo Hoo.

I don't think that the problem above related to my problem since I wasn't just not getting emails I was also unable to log in to verify that I was in the database. Looks like Toyota have this problem fixed. Now we will see if I start getting emails

13. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Both those of us who contribute to PC together with those who just watch on PC but do not post need to be grateful for the presence on PC of the Prius Team as well as their hard work behind the scenes.

Those of us who went through a similar process with the Leaf know and can feel the difference.

Just knowing that the Prius Team is watching PC tells us that Toyota is listening. They may not be taking private messages like before, but I believe they will be backing up the Customer Experience Center and that we will continue to have ways to be heard if we have a difficulty.