1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lojack and the Prius 12V battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by noname87, Sep 26, 2008.

1. noname87

noname87 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just took delivery of a new 2008 Prius. To jack the price up, the dealer installed a Lojack system ( a totally worthless option for me). According to the documentation, it draws a small amount of current even with the car off. Will this be a issue for the 12V battery. I have no real way of disconnecting it. I have no idea where they put it.

2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    you are correct it is a totally useless device for a Prius.

3. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i wouldn't say its useless. if it is useless it is one of the better devices. the only really bad thing about running a lojack with a prius is how much the dealer charged you for it.

there are far more worse devices that the dealer could of put in the prius. like that KARR system in another post! and they wanted $700 for that system, hell most of the overpriced crap that the dealers sell you from etching, toyoguard, karr, overpriced extended warranties, overpriced maintenance plans, toyota of santa monica's starterguard, compared to all that crap, the lojack system is probably worth it, even if its hard to steal without a fob, or a copy of that fob, which the car is nice enough to help you make a copy of the key. who knows, there are 20 prius stolen every year

p.s. just drive the car for up to 30 minutes every 3 weeks and it wont hurt the battery much