1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lojack Cancellation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ovni, Aug 2, 2005.

1. ovni

ovni Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm glad I found this website. Saved me some money. I read about the lojack being useless. It's been 15 days since I bought the car. They haven't installed it yet. I called the dealership and they said I couldnt cancel it. Is that true? I cant find that anywhere in the lojack paper work. I did managed to cancel my extra warranty. Couldnt believe how bad they were ripping me off. $1695 for 7years/75K miles.

2. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If they already installed it they won't refund you for the installation. Sorry.

3. ovni

ovni Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Read my post very carefully. :)

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    How did you pay?

Call the manager of sales and tell him you don't want the lojack and are not bringing the car in for installation and you'd like your money back.

You can mention that his answer will determine if you have your car serviced at his dealership or elsewhere.

If he refuses, you can go over his head to Toyota.

If you paid by credit card, you can always call the credit card company and cancel it through them. They'll get your money back.

If it hasn't been installed there is no reason why you can't cancel.

If you want the hassle. you can even go to small claims and see what the judge says.

5. ovni

ovni Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I paid it with together with my financing. I'll give it another try. He said he would call me back. It's been 10 hours and no call.