1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

London police ordering 100 hybrids

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Oxo, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A short local news item on TV today said that the Metropolitan Police, London, are ordering 100 hybrid cars. The type wasn't named from from a picture I think it was a Honda electric/diesel.
    I hope to learn more later. I'd be interested to know the reason(s) for not choosing Prius.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Aug 31 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]312470[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks. I must have missed this earlier announcement. It was in the news on 20 August and it didn't reach BBC's London news bulletin until 31 August!

You have to wonder about the economics of buying 117 cars to get policemen on foot patrol to their beats. How do the costs of traveling on buses and by rail compare? London is very well served by both, but cars greatly congest traffic flows.
    In my younger days I worked as a building surveyor in London and visited properties all over London - but never with a car - always public transport.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, whatever makes the news I suppose. I have no doubt that London has a good transportation network unlike some places.... <_<