1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

long beep when trying to lock doors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by santoro1, Mar 2, 2007.

1. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

Recently, when trying to lock doors with the key fob of my SKS Prius, I have noticed a few things. Occasionally I get 3 beeps in a row. When I try to lock the door I can get a long beep as well. Does this mean the battery of my key fob is dead or on its way. I ended up using the small key to lock the doors. Also, I noticed that I couldn't open my trunk using SKS, however this was intermittent. Any suggestions. thanks

2. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've intermittently had the door not lock using the smart button... I think the sensors still believe the key is inside the car, so it gives the same long beep as if I had left my key behind. I move the key a little further from the door, and it works. I usually have the key in my right-side pocket, so when I'm on the driver side, the key is very close to the sensor... just my non-scientific guess.

Multiple beeps when locking: I've only experienced this when I accidentally don't turn off the car, either by absent-mindedness, or by not pushing the POWER button down enough.

Hatch unlocking: I've never had a problem. You do need to actually squeeze the handle on the inside for it to unlock though, not just touch it like the door handles.

3. CMonster

CMonster Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, I hate that long beep, because it's really really loooooooooooooooooong. It happens whenever the car thinks the keys are too close to it. I haven't had the three beeps or a problem with the rear hatch.

4. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Mar 2 2007, 08:54 AM) [snapback]399017[/snapback]</div>
    THANK YOU !!! I left my car on, if you can believe it. I won't do that again.

5. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oh, and not to be condescending or anything, but that stuff is in your owner's manual, and you should definitely give a thorough reading, even parts that seem obvious because there really is some good stuff in there :)

6. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You will also get the long beep if you try to lock using the fob buttons and a door (maybe hatch, haven't had this be the problem yet) is not closed.

7. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :rolleyes: QUOTE: "...that stuff is in your owner's manual," - - WELL SAID

Although the Owner's Manual is not easy, casual reading, there is a wealth of information therein. I have made it a practice of adding my own "Index" in the back of my Owner's Manuals [both my 2004 and now my 2007] to re-access information and instructions which I may need later on - since the Owner's Manual indexing leaves a lot to be desired.

8. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Long beep means there is a door not completely closed; often, this is the hatch.