1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

long time lurker first time poster

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by independent, Aug 14, 2023.

1. independent

independent Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just wanted to say thank you to all the gracious people on this forum. I've been reading up over the past few months and learned so much.

I also wanted to say hi before I get into any trouble with my car. I ended up buying a late model gen 2, NZ new model with 240,000kms and it's just wonderful so far (touch wood) and I'm really enjoying it after being car-free for I think five years. So smooth to drive. I can get about two or three kms on the battery alone when it's full, feathering, and gliding around town if it's not busy the efficiency is absolutely out-of-this-world.

A couple of things that initially drew me to the Gen 2 and Prius in general was watching those 'deep dives' (don't really like that term but that's what he calls them) by that university mechanic guy. Just amazing really the work he has put into showing how the transaxles work, cutaways etc.. More specifically, I was just amazed that these cars don't have a traditional gearbox or rubberband CVT, that it's gearing and combining the two engines to work at the most efficient levels for each engine. Genius really!

So, thank you again, I look forward to learning more and getting to know everyone a bit better.